The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cardshark website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Anyone here in touch with the Cardshark website administrators? The site's been down for a while. Are we in for another 2-3 year absence or is this one truly going to be temporary?

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
I think the site keeps going down due to inactivity...
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
figpik
View Profile
New user
France
42 Posts

Profile of figpik
The shop still works well, but it seems that the forum is not going to re-open soon...
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
It's good to know that he is willing to take money Smile
Long Island,

New York
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Actually to be fair to Mr. Pink, he renewed my membership at no charge based on when the site went down the first time.

At $5.00 a year per member, he would be only covering expenses based on the number of members he's got.

I'm not sure the paid model of a website on hustling can generate enough traffic over time to make it worth while, and cover expenses when troubles arise, but Mr. Pink deserves credit for trying.
Bret Maverick
View Profile
Regular user
U.S.A.
185 Posts

Profile of Bret Maverick
Jason,

I emailed Mr. Pink; I'll let you know if I get a definitive answer to the BB's fate.

Bret
"If all a man can count on is finally pushing up the grass, when I do I'll lay you odds that grass is mine!" - Theme Song For The T.V. Series BRET MAVERICK, by Ed Bruce
Bret Maverick
View Profile
Regular user
U.S.A.
185 Posts

Profile of Bret Maverick
Mr. Pink advised that he is currently tied up with a few major projects that have taken far more of his time than he anticipated and, regrettably, he hasn't been able to focus as much on the bulletin board as he'd like.

He apologizes to the membership for the delay, and hopes that the BB will be back up shortly.

Bret
"If all a man can count on is finally pushing up the grass, when I do I'll lay you odds that grass is mine!" - Theme Song For The T.V. Series BRET MAVERICK, by Ed Bruce
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Funny, I always thought web sites ran themselves once the software was written ? Interesting ?

I wonder if he screens each post to see if it meets his approval ? So, he does not want to loose control ?
Long Island,

New York
Eoin OHare
View Profile
New user
Ireland
88 Posts

Profile of Eoin OHare
It's back.
Designer & Maker of The Stripper Jig Card Trimmer & Pinpoint Pegger
https://theperfectshuffle.com/
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Although not by popular demand. It’s an excellent place to learn to cheat at solitaire though.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

How exciting Smile
Long Island,

New York
artwo
View Profile
Veteran user
South England
332 Posts

Profile of artwo
Is this site worth joining up to?

I would mainly be joining for the forum, as I'm relatively well informed on the moves that are offered.

Wondered if the forum was maybe starting to do better?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
What is £2.50 worth? Is it worth reading what we can read here and more of it for nothing?

:)

To be fair I did get a couple of good tips via pm fron a member there. Its just dead there though.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

If you are a newbie, then it is OK....If you are experienced, you will not learn a lot.
Long Island,

New York
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
You gotta quit letting that post on Cardshark bother you Expert.

Let it go.......be free Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I’m curious to know what was said. Is it worth it to see that post I wonder.
I am member there as it happens but haven’t been there for ages and I have forgoten my password and name.

:)

Tommy
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

I have not been there for about 2-3 years. I signed up once and then let my 1 year membership expire due to lack of actvity on the site.
Long Island,

New York
artwo
View Profile
Veteran user
South England
332 Posts

Profile of artwo
Quote:
On 2008-06-12 09:58, tommy wrote:
What is £2.50 worth? Is it worth reading what we can read here and more of it for nothing?

Fair point.

But the more the merrier I guess.

I'll steer clear though.

Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cardshark website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL