The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cyclone Card Change - 100% visual change. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
I've seen Angelo perform this for knowledgeable magicians at The Magic Circle and it looks fantastic. The method is even more fantastic.

Do a Top Change if you want to hand out the card afterwards.

Matt Field
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1293 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Hello all!

A recent question was asked is if it is still being released.

My answer is I don't know if I should bother.

Why? Because I just discovered 5 whole pages to discussing the method, revealing it, photos of it, frame by frame analysis and video tutorials of how to make it. Granted there are some specific details missing but it really annoys me. Why should I bother to invent or release something if nobody respects the magic or the ethics anymore? This was the same with my "Out of Order" - another of my hugely ripped off tricks. It just wants to make me not release anything anymore. Even my new "Ascent Floating Card" is under attack in the forums. I can't win.

There may be the arguement of why did I release the video of it in the first place. It was to share a magical effect that I loved and one day wanted to release. Now I know to do so prematurely is more damaging.

If you know a secret or figure something out, keep it to yourself please ok? Don't shout about it or tell people to make yourself big, clever and important. The old guy who did the video tutorial claims to be 25 years in magic and this is what he resorts to? Shame on him - he should know better. How can you be into magic and completely fail to respect it?

Youtube videos removed publically now.

I'm done.

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Magic SMS 2: http://apple.co/2nuxewr
Notion of Motion: http://www.risingcard.co.uk
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
360 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Angelo,

I'm sorry to hear about that. That guy should be flayed alive! I'd still be willing to pay you a fair price for your wonderful card change, if you ever decide to release it.

Regrets,

Tom Frame
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Yeah I second that.....This looks amazing.....almost too amazing....actually it is too amazing! I would really love this effect to be in my routine. don't let those people on that forum get you down man, they are just people who wont go anywhere with their magic because all they care about is secrets. Im sure their method isn't even working for everyday routine....if these people actually perform for people other than their parents. Exposure is going to be everywhere and its an unfortunate factor of our art. Please don't let it effect you, I know its hard, but I think I speak for all of us when I say that I would really love to see more from you, especially cyclone and ascent. They look great. If you decide to sell your effects or not, its up to you but please, please don't stop inventing. I have seen what you can do and its a true talent. don't give up on it Angelo.

Regards,
Nico Zottos
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Preferable bicycle card, but it doesn't really matter.
if you think there is no need to have a dvd, then just don't do it, perhaps this can cut the cost and make it cheaper.
this is an awesome trick, I hope that your 'ascend' can be released asap as well
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Rabid
Gutted.

Came across this thread and started reading avidly, only to find that someone screwed you and you've taken down your videos. That sucks mate, really and truly.

From reading about it, the effect sounds cool...shame I'll never see it now...ha.

Best of luck for the future Angelo.
(By the way, nice idea for that Ring Flight of yours)

Rabid
QED
View Profile
New user
Alexandria, VA
74 Posts

Profile of QED
Don't be a hypocrit Nico... you know you're a member AND a moderator over at "that" forum, Mr. Great Illusions, and you have exposed as much or more than anybody over there... and you were just as involved in trying to come up with a method to do the cyclone card as anyone at that forum....
AND the reason you are pumping this effect up is that Angelo is a friend of yours... and you would still be there talking about this effect if he hadn't twisted your arm to stop...
And you know as well as anybody that MOST of the members there are sincerely interested in learning as much as they can about magic and care about much more than just the secrets (sure there are some there who only want free magic - no phony denials here - but that's THEIR loss).

Angelo, if someone came up with a way to do what your cyclone card does without knowing the secret, aren't they doing the same thing as you? that is, coming up with new ways of doing effects? It's only natural. You were challenged to create this effect and you did it. Why is that any different than anybody else being challenged by seeing something and wanting to come up with their own way of doing it? It's the way magic has been practiced forever, and the way it will continue to be practiced. And you know what they say - "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". Yeah, kids, listen to Angelo... don't tell anybody how something works, just package it and sell it yourself - don't share it with anybody. That REALLY makes you big, clever or important.
I mean, Angelo, if you want to stop inventing, that's your business... do it... or keep on inventing but just keep them to yourself and don't release them for sale... but don't act like you're punishing anyone... there's enough good magic out here that no one will miss one more effect...
But myself, I won't buy an effect without first knowing how it works... been ripped off too many times by people selling "snake oil"...
Besides - we all know that it's not the "secret" that matters... it's the magician...
Personally, I think your effect looks good, but I have no use for something like this.... I don't really care much about card tricks...and just FYI, I never read or watched the tuts or vids about how to make the gimmick...because I don't need to know... but if I DID need to know (i.e. I was intending to buy your effect and wanted to research it first), I would, and I would not feel guilty about it... Just protecting my own interests... caveat emptor my friend...
Some of you magic inventors are a shady lot... Steve Fearson's Goodbye Vanish or Ben Harris' Hole in the Head come to mind.... sorry for lumping you all into the same pile as used car salesmen, but this is life...
David Quidas
Alexandria, VA

I'm here to tell ya, and I don't mind tellin' ya, but I ain't sayin' nothin', if ya know what I'm sayin'...
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1081 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
As a proud owner of Angelo's rising cards "Notion of Motion," I can attest to the quality and ingenuity of his work. I'm sorry to hear that some folks have no problems taking money out Angelo's pockets. However, I'm not surprised...All you've got to do is walk around any big city and see how many folks have no problems buying bootleg DVD's on the street corners. Lots of people just don't have the mental capacity to truly appreciate why copying other people's creations is just plain wrong.

I'm also amused when some people complain when creators price their items at an amount that will help offset the losses that they'll incur due to piracy.
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
I'm sorry Angelo, but surely if people can guess how it is done merely by watching a promo video, then maybe you should make better promo vid's of your effects in the future? Afterall the method was discussed and revealed on the site BEFORE the effect was even released to the community, how is that anyone elses fault but your own? And please, don't be arrogant and say you will stop releasing material. Saying that won't help your sales.

I also find it highly amuzing that Angelo Carbone has been a member of the website himself for at least a year, maybe even double that. He is fine reading about other people's secrets, but as soon as one of his own effects is discussed he uses the copyright card. Copyright hasn't been breached, the effect wasn't even released, mate. The effect was exposed due to a shoddy video on youtube and a lot of thinking out the box. People aren't stupid.

And just so you all know, Nico was a member and MODERATOR of "this site" when he posted that message. Very, very hypocritical.

You know what they say, some are fit for leadership, others are fit to follow.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1293 Posts

Ok for the record QED, Nico is not my friend. I don't know who he is or where he lives. He gave me a compliment once about my magic on Youtube and that is all. Had no idea he was a moderator on that site. Interesting...

QED: I have mentioned this before in the other "illegal" thread. They have not come up with another way to do my trick. If they did, fine, but they didn't.

I am no punishing anyone. Just airing my viewpoint as to why I am upset and why I may not release see. I have a right to do so.

Sure if you want to know how something is done so as not to feel ripped off, ask someone who owns it, research forums on reviews etc. That's the most sensible and logical thing to do. Don't try to openly and publically try to deconstruct the method over and over with photos and videos. That's not knowing how its done for the purpose of not being ripped off. That is wanting to know how its done from A - Z just for the sake of it. Let's say that knowing a new trick that you may want to buy is based on an elmsley count and roughing fluid. That should be enough info to tell you if something is for you or not. Needing to know what the order of the cards is, which cards are gimmicked, what the moves and handling are, how it I smade... well that is just learning the secret for the sake of know how its done without buying it. Hope you are seeing where I am coming from with that example. So saying knowing how something works before you buy is ok as along as you know the basics or principle. But to know ALL the details is completely uncalled for in a PUBLIC community of magicians. Its a personal thing. You want to know so as not to be ripped of. No one else asks so why share everything? If someone wants to know your opinion well they can PM you for more details. That is sensible.

KIT: That is the danger of video promos and trailers of magic effects. There are those out there who watch it for knowledge and information and pleasure. There are those who watch purely to figure out how its done. I don't think I am being arrogant at all in saying that you can figure out how its done just by watching the video as intended. Its the "special crowd" that start slowing it down, pausing it, rewinding it, analysing it, zooming in... purely to figure out how it works. That's not my fault. Many magic videos will suffer from this specific crowd. That's why some trailers are heavily edited - not to con the purchaser but to protect the secret as most magic is intended to be performed live with the spectator viewing the effect only once. The internet sadly allows you to watch over and over giving more clues each time.

So you are saying its my fault that the video was deconstructed and discussed? Regardless of whether the video was released before or after release of the trick, the video would STILL be deconstructed anyway - by that minority (I hope) of magicians who's aim is to figure out and boast how tricks are done. So would it still be my fault if I released the video after I marketed it?

As for being a member of said forum for a year or two - I don't think so. I was tipped off by someone that Cyclone was revealed in a thread so I immediately joined under another name otherwise members contributing to the thread would cover up if they knew I was there. I joined sometime in the Summer if I recall correctly. Way less than a year. Then I followed only my thread to see how far the exposure was escalating. I had no interest or time to read other threads or effects but you have to take my word for that.

Anyway how do you know my username or when I joined as it was not under Angelo? Are you actually Michael who only knows who I was there and when I joined?

It's truely amazing. I create an effect as do other inventors and its suddenly their fault if a trick is exposed. My trick was not figured out because I carelessly flashed something or it was bad handling. There was none of that. It was not a shoddy video. The video was fine. The trick was figured out only because some guys DELIBERATLY devoted time and effort to analyse the video and trick.

Angelo.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
QED, I WAS a member and I WAS a moderator. I wont tell you I never exposed things because I did. I wont tell you that I was, at one point, very involved in the forum. But I will tell you that now I know that it was a mistake and was the wrong thing to do. That was before but this is now. About a month ago I asked Mike to ban me, but he didn't want to so he suspended me until February 19, 2038 or there a bouts. I wasnt involved in trying to discover the method, I was involved in trying to cover it up and lead people off about it because Angelo may not be my friend, but I respect him as an inventor and creator in magic. I left because I didn't, and still don't, agree with the things going on there. I agree with Angelo on this. It is okay if you feel you need to know how the effect works so you don't get ripped off, I understand that. But it gets to a point when, as Angelo has stated, depicted and slowed down and zoomed in on the video to get the EXACT method. You don't need the EXACT method for any trick. That I feel (and Im sure I'm not the only one that feels this way) is the wrong way to go and isn't even necessary. People learn things from doing the wrong thing. I realized deliberately depicting tricks and every tiny bit of sleight that isn't even necessary to know if you want to buy it or not, in order to supposedly "see if I want to buy them" is WRONG. Again, I will repeat what Mr. Carbone has said. If I were to tell you a trick uses an elmsley count and some rough and smooth, that is enough to decide. that's all I have to say on this. . .

Regards,
Nico Zottos
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1293 Posts

Typo in my post above Nico. I did not mean to say "I don't think I am being arrogant at all in saying that you can figure out how its done just by watching the video as intended." I meant to say you CAN'T figure out how its done.

Angelo
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Q. Why aren't the morons arguing in favor of blatant exposure kicked off this board?

Is everyone today anti-creator, pro-exposure? Or can't they figure out how to report a post? Personal attacks are not allowed and it seems you're taking some direct hits.

Don't let it get to you Angelo. The people who patronize these types of boards don't have the money to buy the effect anyway. They are not the paying audience and really won't influence your sales one way or another.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Well put Magic Spank.

Of course, there is NO EXCUSE for the exposure--NONE.

We just have to remember...

They're just kiddies over at the "Sandbox" of Magic Forum. We can only hope they develop manners and ethics as they grow up. Imagine this generation climbing out of the "sandbox" and into the real world if they don't!!!

I went over there, joined, and got banned for offering to assist and help with details re our own products. Guess no adults are welcome in the sand pit.

Cheers

Ben
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3862 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Where's the demo video? I love most of Angelo's material, always brilliantly made with absolutely insane craftsmanship and method. (The rising card was pretty amazing)
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1293 Posts

Thanks kissdadookie. I sadly resorted to making it a private video on Youtube to prevent further analysis of it on other forums. If you want to see it PM me your Youtube nick and I will add you to the allowed viewers and message you when it is done.

Angelo
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
I agree Kissdadookie!!

Angelo's stuff is insanely well executed. Such attention to detail is rare these days.

Ben
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1293 Posts

Thanks Ben Smile Ditto!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1643 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Awwww, come on guys, get a room Smile

JamieD
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cyclone Card Change - 100% visual change. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL