The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Steven Youell's Rotation Pass...Holy ****!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
cmnipper
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of cmnipper
Steven Youell has a preview of his Rotation pass on his site.

This is probably the cleanest turnover pass I’ve ever seen.

http://www.stevenyouell.com
Chad Nipper
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I might be blind here, but isn't that Earick's turnover pass? There might be some subtle differences I can't tell, but short of using the forefinger to tap on the packet as its being displayed(tilted) it looks identical.

Personally if the deck isn't going to be tabled I prefer Doc Daley's handling from Stars of Magic as I think is it a bit more angle-friendly.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Steven's pass is angle friendly. I suggest you get a copy of the CD. Herb Zarrow had a nice touch to the turnover pass that helped to inspire the Rotation Pass.
Drive Carefully
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2008-05-25 04:25, Daegs wrote:
I might be blind here, but isn't that Earick's turnover pass? There might be some subtle differences I can't tell, but short of using the forefinger to tap on the packet as its being displayed (tilted) it looks identical.

I don't think so, Daegs. I've shown that pass at lectures all over the country. Notable Cardmen have seen it and previously I distributed well over 200 of these CD's. As of yet, you are the only one to make the comparison. However-- I will use due diligence and check into this very carefully.

Quote:
On 2008-05-25 04:25, Daegs wrote:
Personally if the deck isn't going to be tabled I prefer Doc Daley's handling from Stars of Magic as I think is it a bit more angle-friendly.

Now this I know isn't so. The Rotation Pass is much more angle proof than Doc Daley's handling. I designed it to be that way.

Thank you for the feedback though-- I'll check into the credit issue.

Steven Youell
skillzilla
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of skillzilla
That looks about as clean as a pass will ever get
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
That's a nice pass.
Just curious though, copyright 2009? Did I oversleep? Smile

Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Pretty sick turnover pass
appl3tard
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of appl3tard
?? Looks like something went down. I'm sure Erdnase would quote something out of his book.

Then again, pretty sick.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Still waiting patiently by the mailbox...
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
That looks a lot like Steve Dobsons pass...
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Where is Dobson's pass published?
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Funny enough, I know Steve Dobson and we discussed passes last year at GGG. At that time, my work had been published for about four years. I showed him my work on the pass and he showed me his ideas. I'll be lecturing with him again this year at GGG as well. He's a great guy!

Steven Youell
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
I was there when he showed it to ya outside and I will be there again Smile. Steve's pass is not published yet. I think it'll be in his new lecture notes. Possibly the new dvd's coming out also. Smile
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Great! I'm sure he'll be the one to tell you the passes are different and we both came up with them independently. But if you were there for our entire conversation, why the "That looks like Steve Dobson's Pass" comment?

Steven Youell
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Now what kind of insane Magic Convention would have both Steven "The Mongrel" Youell and Steve "Smokin'" Dobson, as lecturers?

Hmmmm if you're interested in the pass and want to meet and session with these two underground beasts drop me a PM. It is all happening next month in California.

Kent Gunn
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Could it be the same one that also has Ron Bauer, Allen Okawa, Paul Cummins and Kainoa Harbottle lecturing at it? This should be legendary....
MojoMagi
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of MojoMagi
Not for nothing but that mongrel pass looks a lot like marlos's combination pass.. identical handling and rocking of the hands as cover.. The cardician vol.1 I believe.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Yeah guys, keep rubbing it in about the line up at GGG since my other obligation is NOT being very flexible at the moment! Might have to pull the dying family member (fib) card on this one!
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2008-05-26 16:11, MojoMagi wrote:
Not for nothing but that mongrel pass looks a lot like marlos's combination pass.. identical handling and rocking of the hands as cover.. The cardician vol.1 I believe.

The passes on "Hacking The Pass" are fully documented. They've been researched for over 10 years. They've been published for nearly five years. They've been shown to Paul Chosse, Darwin Ortiz, Jon Racherbaumer and other well known Cardmen.

I am confident that I have not duplicated the work of others and I have taken meticulous steps to credit every known source, dating back to 1854.

So before you start making suggestions or giving me references or casting doubt on my work PLEASE make sure you have full knowledge of my work. I would consider that to be common courtesy.

Steven Youell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Steven Youell's Rotation Pass...Holy ****!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL