The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Got a Light-Matt Wayne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I saw Matt perform this at NEMCON earlier this year. It's a great routine and Matt have definately worked this routine to death exploring the ins and outs of it.

If you get a chance to see Matt perform this live, do so. If not, buy the DVD. I'm sure you'll add this to your repetoire.

EVILDAN. (as seen on The Tonight Show)
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Evildan!

Thanks so much for the comments. I remember chatting with you about the effect and I remember all the good advice you recommended for it. I hope all is well!!

Many thanks:-)
Matt
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
A bit of news for everyone...

http://www.newyorkmagicproject.com will be going live in just about 2.5 hours time! The official launch will be at Midnight Eastern time, as we change over from July 30 to July 31.

A big thanks to my web team for all of their hard work on putting the site together and getting it up and running! I couldn't have done it without them!

The wait will soon be over! Please come by the site and check it out! (and feel free to place an order while you're there too!)

Thanks all!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Kevin Reylek
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Congrats Kevin...site looks great!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Yes, congrats -- very nice looking site.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Kevin, site looks great. I signed up for the newsletter:
http://www.newyorkmagicproject.com/newsletter.htm
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Thanks guys! Very much appreciated!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Congrats producer!

Many thanks for all the orders everyone-- it's great to know that people are enjoying the product so much. I surely hope that, 'Got A Light?' stands the test of time and becomes an ongoing effect people seek out. The light will never go out on this effect- or so I hope! With any of my creations and future releases-- they'll be products that you'll use.

Kevin-- you can now officially wear that producers hat!

Keep the reviews on 'Got A Light?' coming Smile
all the best,
Matt
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /

Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the great response we've received for the launch of newyorkmagicproject.com and Got a Light!

I really appreciate everyone coming by the site and keeping me so busy for the past couple of days! It really has been wonderful!

Keep the feedback coming!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I just got my "Got A Light" DVD and hurried to stuff it into my computer to check it out. Turned on the long overdued Subtitles and there it was, what a relief! NO MORE COMPLAINTS from me, I am one happy camper!

The DVD was also delivered to my mail-box rather quickly, I was surprised to find it so soon.

I just happened to have two sets of Mini-Jester cups from RNT-2 which I think would be better than using glass cups. Might add a little more mystery to the routine. Also, I just love my Mini-Jester cups, thanks to Jake for doing a great job on all the Cups & Ball sets I have ordered from him.

One thing I have to get use to is when moving the cups around the LED lights bite into the black Close-up pad, this will require some practice.

Thanks for the Subtitles, and now all we need is for all the others to follow this example.

Madkiki
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi Madkiki! Glad that the subtitles have worked out so well for you and that you're enjoying the effect!

I'm glad you're coming up with your own twists on the routine, but do try the effect with clear shot glasses at some point. I think one of the strengths of the routine is the fact that the audience can see through the cups - it makes it seem that much more impossible!

Also, if you keep having trouble with the close-up pad, then the effect works great on a hard surface (such as a bar!). It can definitely be done on a pad though.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Hi Madkiki,

Just wanted to personally thank you for the kind words regarding my effect. I'm glad that you like the DVD.

Performing on a close-up pad has never been an issue with me. I've worked it on every surface imagineable. So, I'm curious to know how the LEDs are digging into the pad. I wouldn't push too hard on the glasses- as you mix them-- this may be causing the LEDs to rub too hard; thus digging one end of a lead into the pad. Try it on a wooden or table top surface and you'll be fine.

As far as using just regular cups- not clear cups-- using clear shot glasses to me, makes the effect more impossible. I'm glad you're working out your own way. I'd love to hear how the regular cup method is going over for you. But, mix it up- and try it with glasses. A piece of patter coming straight from my personal routine is:

"Now, I want you all to know that you're going to see everything- up close... and personal. No secret dillusions, confusions, trap doors or gizmos-- everything is visible."

Many thanks again,
Matt Wayne
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™

MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
For those who may be interested there's an official thread for the effect here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=109&70

Many thanks for the orders gang! It's great to know that so many of you are enjoying the effect. Not only are most of you enjoying it-- but you're using it in your magic repertoire, and that makes it all worth it! Thanks, and keep the feedback coming.

Warm Regards,
Matt Wayne
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Got a Light-Matt Wayne (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL