The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I knew it..here's the real story. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Some of you may have seen that viral video that went around the net a while back. It was about a European Talk Show host that kept laughing at this guest. The guest was the victim of medical malpractice.

Because we couldn't understand what they were saying we had to rely on subtitles. The video said the victim had mistakenly had a testical removed and it left him with a high voice. The host kept laughing at him and ruined the show.

It didn't make sense to me that this could be legit because the removal of a testical after puberty has no affect on the voice. I suspected that the vide subtitles had been faked. I just found this real clip of the show along with an interview from the fired host and real subtitles. If you've seen the viral clip before it just goes to show you how you can't trust anything you see on the web.

Here is the real clip.

talk show

Best,

Tim
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Man, Tim, you're a real killjoy lately.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Its a tough job Mark .. but somebody has got to do it. LOL

Best,

Tim
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I feel his pain... I have been in situations where laughing out loud would be totally inappropriate, but sometimes it just can not be contained. Supressed laughter is the worse because not only is what you are laughing at funny, the fact that you are trying to supress it is a whole other reason to laugh.

Lyndel
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
I must be sick cos I found that hilarious.
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
I'll meet you at the hospital then.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
Glad I'm not alone.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
It's from a comedy show. The guests are reasonably well known comedians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_De_Gloria

A shortened version of the "Boemerang" sketch from the show gained popularity on YouTube. It features a presenter of a serious talk show breaking into fits of giggles after hearing the voice of one of his guests, who spoke in a squeaky manner due to a failed tonsilectomy. The clip is often mistaken for being real, and was showcased on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Star Channel news as being so.

The fictitious laughing presenter "Erik Hartman" is a character played by Tom Van Dyck, a Flemish comedian and actor. The two guests are portrayed by Lucas Van Den Eynde (as Valère) and An Miller (as Marijke). The full version of the sketch shows the Hartman character as a radio DJ looking back upon the giggling incident that had caused him to be fired.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Now I feel REALLY duped! And a little stupid as well.

THANKS! LOL

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I knew it..here's the real story. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL