The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Don't Gaffed decks " Like E Decks" just demand to be examined? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I think that Tim is right regarding the use of DB and DFs. I use a super simple, in the hands version of Anniversary Waltz (which no doubt others came across long before me!), which is such a strong trick for couples. I normally keep the DF and DB loaded on the back of the card case, tucked into the cellophane, so I can do a few effects, before easily ringing them in.

I normally use only blue and red bikes when performing, except when I do a signed card trick for kids, when I use a yellow deck, as it's brighter, and the ink shows better on the back. I also may use (pockets allowing!) a blank back deck for an Osterlind BCS effect (being obviously unmarked!)
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
If gaffs are used carefully and smoothly worked into and out of a regular deck...the effects can blow a spectators head clean off Smile

Cleaning up the duplicates and/or gaffed cards following an effect is paramount to my way of thinking. If the spectators see a regular every day deck at the start and at the end...and are even allowed to handle the deck at times etc...you leave them no choice than to walk away scratching their heads.

If you do your effects really well you can get an amazing reaction by using an occasional gaff...Just don't over use them... and remember that "really well" part Smile

Best,
Bobby
kiss_bpp
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
98 Posts

Profile of kiss_bpp
Recently I was using some black tiger cards I say this semi ashamed to admit. I was on my lunch break at my real job and I was working on stacking the cards when someone asked to see something. (like every time I have cards out) I had just finished and went in to my stacked deck routine. The guy was convinced that it had something to do with the deck. I simply looked at him and said they were his and he should let me know when he figures it out. DUH!!! not even thinking that the E website was listed on the bottom label of the box. Needless to say he checked out the web site and saw that they sell cards and paid no attention to the fact that they sell tricks. He was so mission driven he completely missed that key point.

Three days later he returned them telling me that he was feeling for groves in the cards and was checking for different sents. However he admitted he was indeed completely lost and wanted to learn.(as he plays cards extensively)

Personaly not a big fan but own them just simply as a "collectors" item or to switch in a couple of really odd cards at times.

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Don't Gaffed decks " Like E Decks" just demand to be examined? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL