The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » A question about street hypnosis.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
I just watched couple street demonstrations of hypnosis on YouTube.. Some of these routines included a piece work, in which the subjects are told that they are carrying the hypnotist's item (ie hat) and they will return it to him... Of course, the subjects' eyes are opened, and the object is given to the hypnotist...

now here is the question... let's say this was an expensive watch or a wallet.. and let's say that the hypnotist puts subject back in trance.. and just runs off with the subject's item...

First off, is this possible? Would the subject stay in trance long enough by themselves so that the hypnotist can dip?

I am asking not because I'd want to do something like that, but I am asking to know the possibility of what hypnosis can achieve..
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Can you use hypnosis to achieve theft? Doubtfull.

The mose expensive the item, the less likely it is.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
How bout a hat.. or a wrist band... still not possible?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It depends on what you are asking and why.

Can you use hypnosis to steal things? Doubtfull. Hypnosis is a COOPERATIVE effort between hypnotist and subject. It is a cooperative state. Start to run away and you simply break the trust no matter WHAT anyone tells you.

Can you get enough of a head start to outrun them? Depends on how good a runner they are and you are.

The point is you are talking a HUGE gray area here as to compliance issues and such. Forget what you see on You Tube. You are not going to learn too much there I am afraid.

Hypnosis on You Tube is often to hypnosis, what Velvita Cheese is to a dairy product.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Alright thanks for the insight Danny.

I was just curious.. I just finished watching Speed Trance, and wanted to know how far one could go with the inductions taught there.. ofc I didn't want to try it myself for obvious reasons..

Thanks
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I recomend the video. No doubt. Richard has a great technique. But never forget it is not power you have, it is power they grant.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Hi Thomas,

a while back I did some work for a TV company that involved liberating people from their property.

The first thing I did was get into a suit shop in Regent Street, get a 650 pound suit on, hypnotise the shop !@#istant and occupy his mind with something pleasant. While he waited for his hand to un-glue from his face, he relived a very pleasant charming memory in full. I had long since left the building. He hung out there for 3 or 4 minutes.

I have done the same thing many times in shops (drinks/hotel key/coat/watch/paying with bits of rubbish) and with individuals on the street. The value of the item is completely meaningless. They believe it belongs to me or that they have some other good reason for handing it over.

I am happy to answer any questions you have.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Another hypno robbery here. I am not suggesting it is big or clever and do not try this at home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiWIe2DGJl4

Enjoy

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Haha anthony, nice comments on videos Smile

I don't know if you recall me or not, but I have emailed you in the past about an ebook of "Reality is Plastic"..

So no plans about it yet ?

Thanks for the video you posted.. made me laugh Smile
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Oh,, and I jsut served danzel.. bloody hell
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your feedback.

There is no digital version of 'Reality is Plastic'. Well there probably is who am I kidding. But officially there is no ebook version.

The supplements to the book are sent out digitally.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

hypnodoc
View Profile
New user
WA
64 Posts

Profile of hypnodoc
Possible, yes it is possible to do a lot of things with Hypnosis. I did a demonstration recently where I took a subject into state and made her oblivious to outside stimuli other than my voice. I then had people bang drums and scream at her she displayed absolutly no reaction not a blink not a twitch.
I am sure a technique could be used to make someone blindly unaware to your actions.
In my practice I have left clients in state as I left the room and none were aware I had gone.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Remind me not to let you hypnotise me! I don't want to be left alone in a dark office!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
briandavidphillips
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of briandavidphillips
Possible, depends on context . . . likely, no. At the beginning of my show I will often give the spiel about how in the movies hypnotists are often portrayed at having all sorts of magickal powers regarding theft and the like but that honestly you don't need hypnosis to get folks to do rather stupid things for instance . . . then I turn to a member of the audience and ask what color his wallet is and would he get it out for us to see (he produces it) then I tell him to hand it over (not ask, tell . . . and he does) I then place the wallet in my pocket and keep on talking as if nothing had happened and later I will turn to him and ask why he gave me his wallet as he was obviously not hypnotized as I hadn't even got to that part of the act yet. Aug. 15 I did a show and the guy didn't even have a wallet so I asked him to just give me everything in his pocket where he kept his cash, he handed over a wad of cash that probably added up to a good US$1000, just handed it over without thinking. Of course, I'm in front of witnesses and ALWAYS hand everything back but so far they have always handed over the goods when I've done that bit. Always. No hypnosis necessary. Sure, the youtube and television clips are helped by the fact there is a camera there recording it and often there are friends with the person who is hypnotized. Just as the presence of an audience does when I do the bit in my show, this helps assuage the mark of any possibility of wrong doing so they may play along, assuming they'll get their stuff back. I've never tried it in street contexts without friends or camera present so I don't know. Certainly, most studies on this sort of thing have shown that most people would not be fooled, but one never knows. Most is not all and all it takes is one out of one hundred to score well . . . Ugly George Odds work fine for some folks.

All the best,
Brian
Hypnosis DVD Courses
http://www.briandavidphillips.com

Brian David Phillips brian@briandavidphillips.com
Hypnotist, Trance Wizard, Intuitionist
Keelung, Taiwan
http://www.briandavidphillips.com
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
The question of this thread may draw the attention of someone who may have insight to busking hypnosis: Anyone know anyone who's doing it for a full crowd on the street for kicks and profit. Seems like a great practice set up if the location is good.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
It has been done in my country for years...

It is known as "The Dried Leaves" scam...

They leave with the goods after paying the mark with dried leaves...

Until I saw Derren Brown do it and my friend do it as well, I thought it was "witchcraft"! Now I know it's just a form of hypnosis...

I 'm not kidding...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Pakar,

can you tell us how this scam proceeds? Is it done in conversation or by drawing someone into a performance or something else?

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Sorry late reply Ant, been busy Shooting a Film...

Anyway, from what I've heard...

They go and buy something, then pay with the dried leaves... Much like what Derren Brown did in his Special...

Been going on for the last twenty years at least.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-11-26 02:44, Pakar Ilusi wrote:

They go and buy something, then pay with the dried leaves... Much like what Derren Brown did in his Special...

Been going on for the last twenty years at least.

Smile

Thanks for the description. I don't wanna burst your hypnobubble about the DB routine. But look again Smile

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » A question about street hypnosis.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL