The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Getting MC to accept my password » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
On my downstairs computer, every thing is O.K. On my upstairs computer, Apparently MC does not recognize my password. Instead of automatically being admitted to the MC, I have Username and Password boxes appearing in the upper right of my screen.

When I enter my Username (Turk) and tab down to the Password box, a ******** is displayed in that box. (This is coincidentally the correct number of key strokes in my password). However, if I "accept this "computer entered" password, OR if I attempt to clear the Password box and enter my known password, the results are the same, to-wit:

First, I get a message saying that the password entered does not match my password on file and asking me if I want to have the computer accept my new password. I choose "yes" and then press "enter". Next, I get a message advising me that this "password" does not match the password entry in the database and to "try again".

HUH? How can that be? I know that I am entering my correct password!! So even disregarding the first problem (of Magic Café not immediately entering me as a registered use on the forum site) how can I possibly be getting the message that my just-typed password does NOT match the password in MC's database?
This has been going on for the better part of a month and I am no closer to resolving the problem on my own. HELP!!!

Thankas.

Mike Sturgeon (Turk on the MC Forum)

UPDATE: Even tho the MC doesn't recognize my password, it allowed the forum message to "go thru" and get entered in the forum topics. AND, it also shows me as Turk AND it allows me to view my private messages!!! HUIH? What is going on here? When I first try to "log on", I'm not recognized by the database nor is my password recognized by the database. But yet, when I attempt to send a message (something an unregistered user is not supposed to be able to do), not only does the database accept my public post, it also now recognizes me and advises me of my "Private Messages"!! What is going on here? Must I always send a public post message in order to get MC's database to recognize me?

Call me throughly confused in Portland,

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
I forwarded your emails to Gene, he's going to send you an email about this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Getting MC to accept my password » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL