The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Selbit's assistant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mark2004
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
215 Posts

Profile of mark2004
P. T. Selbit (aka. Percy Tibbles) is a famous name in magic because he is widely credited with being the first person to present a "sawing-through-a-woman" type illusion on stage. I believe the historic performance was in London on 17 January 1921. It strikes me as remarkable that the name of the woman who got sawn through on that historic occasion is not also widely known. Does anyone know if there is a record of her name?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Check with Eddie Dawes.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mark2004
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
215 Posts

Profile of mark2004
Quote:
On 2008-05-29 14:26, Bill Palmer wrote:
Check with Eddie Dawes.

I don't have contact info for him. I understand he's the official historian for The Magic Circle so I guess I could try e-mailing him via them. But do they answer these types of queries from people who aren't members?
Jim Klodzen
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Jim Klodzen
Per Mr. Steinmeyer, "Jan Glenrose was the lady in rehearsal, Betty Barker was the magician's primary assistant." (Art & Artifice)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Selbit's assistant (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL