The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CanFUSE by Eric Ross (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6961 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Spencer, very thoughtful post, my friend. Really like your detailed review. Keep up the great work! The Café needs more reviews like that!

Okay, that was sarcasm in case you didn't get it...
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3331 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I've done this a few times now (the women in my family all drink gallons of diet coke)and I do wiggle the tab a few times before I "snap" it off. No one has picked up on it, as they don't know what you are going to do at first. If you repeated it straight away to the same group then they will obviously check it the second time around, but that would defeat the purpose of the spontaneity. Its always important to pick your time with these type of mini illusions. Its a great impromptu routine. If asked to do again (and I prepare for that as people are predictable) go into one of the other versions he shows.
BTW, just picked up his impromptu linking mints, melting mints, again well worth the small amount of investment for a clever take on this. I think some of these young guys are worth supporting, even if I have a good idea of the mechanics, their rountine ideas are what is worth the money.
I also have bought the CanFused DVD but wont be back in Australia for a month so cant review it as yet but will as soon as I get home.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Cheers msn
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
You tell em, Cameron.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
802 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 17:44, spencerpeterson wrote:
Pulled sucks

you are doing it backwards, turn it around Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24230 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I was given this to review for a well-known magic magazine.

I'm sorry, friends, but if you think this looks good, you need to have your eyes checked. The only thing that keeps the demo from giving away the secret is that it is blurry.

The suspicious way the fellow in the demo keeps hunting for the "sweet spot" is almost a dead giveaway. The awkward continuous movement of the can -- much like someone who has no skill trying to hide a TT -- is truly nonsensical.

You can't use this with a ring of any decent weight at all. In fact, the fellow who demonstrates it on the DVD doesn't use a real ring. He uses a very thin key ring to demo the piece.

The best thing about it was that it only wasted 17 minutes of my life watching the video.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4635 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Just watched the video clip...

Didn't look that bad. Did I miss something?

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24230 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Look how fuzzy it is. If it was in focus you could see everything you weren't supposed to see. Also, he misses the gaff the first time he tries to link the ring on.

Why buy something that "doesn't look that bad"? Buy something that looks GOOD!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
David Harkey has an effect where a borrowed ring is linked to a tab on a soda can. It is in either a set of his lecture notes or his book.

DO
do magic

www.8bom.net
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1049 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Hi Eric,
Thank goodness for creative thinkers like you!!
Good, bad, or indifferent.

Let those who crititise come up with a better idea.

best wishes,
WulfieSmith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CanFUSE by Eric Ross (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL