The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Emotional Intelligence by Luke Jermay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
It showed up this afternoon. But there is a problem with downloading it. My order status says shipped, so I should have the real DVD soon, I'll just wait.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Surprise! surprise!
Magic is a vanishing art.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1255 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I'm curious. How does everyone react to the "psychic readers are scum" presentation?
I like the effect. Think I'll take a pass on the presentation.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1255 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I'm still having a problem with the download, by the way.
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Quote:
On 2008-06-04 21:33, edh wrote:
Quote:
I am not familiar with any other discussions about Luke. I don't pay attention to that kinda stuff

Now that's making an informed decision. Ignore the bad and focus on the good. I'm sure with that attitude it won't be long before you buy a bridge in Brooklyn.

Wow what a great attitude. There have been many great people in history who focus on the good and turn their cheek to the bad. It seems to work for them. No offence but you are comming off as an instigator in this thread. Just because one person in the magic buisness talks positivly about another person in the magic buisness doesn't mean they are looking for some hand out or something. And if your going to assume that Im going to bat for Jesse cause hes my friend then guess what YOUR RIGHT!

ATG
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey ATG, do a search on LJ and get a balanced look... this is a site for magicians helping magicians - and one way is to alert people to potential risky $ situations of spending hard earned $ and not getting what you expect.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
Wow what a great attitude. There have been many great people in history who focus on the good and turn their cheek to the bad. It seems to work for them. No offence but you are comming off as an instigator in this thread. Just because one person in the magic buisness talks positivly about another person in the magic buisness doesn't mean they are looking for some hand out or something. And if your going to assume that Im going to bat for Jesse cause hes my friend then guess what YOUR RIGHT!

ATG

I really don't see how I can come across as an instigator. I merely pointed out that to ingnore comments about issues regarding his track record of delivering products to his customers was really not the way to make an informed decision, and it comes off as being a bit questionable as to his reasons for doing so.

If you want to support someone who has a track record like LJ's, that's your perogative. But it is also my perogative to state why you shouldn't.

Remember LJ took magicians' hard earned cash and did not deliver. He then disappeared from here ignoring questions about their purchases. If you think that is the way to treat other magicians...well there's nothing I can do to dissuade you.

thanks edh
"Magicians helping Magicians"
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Who's Luke Jermay?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2008-06-25 22:27, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Who's Luke Jermay?

Deja vu vu vu vuuuuuuu
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Im not making comentary on the fact LJ has had issues with delivering things. That is something that is truly an issue, but insinuating that Jesse is looking to get something out of making a kind comment about some one is not only a HUGE assumption but it adds nothing to the conversation. At least in my opinion.

ATG
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Like others here, the video download does not work for me. I was informed last week that it would be shipping at the end of the month, and this is the end of the month...

Dan, the little I saw of the presentation was off putting. I'll hold my judgement until I've seen the entire thing in context.

Tony Iacoviello
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1255 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Sorry. My mouse dropped. Accidentally posted a blank.
What I was trying to post was that I come from a family of psychic readers and both parents by the by had degrees in psychology. (So do I come to think of it.) And while they occasionally irritated me, I never would have used the word "scum' to describe them.
Or myself since I do psychic readings. And I know many who post at The Café who I've come to respect also do psychic readings.
Bottom line: I'm hoping to go to one of Luke's shows. If he asks if there are any psychic readers in the house, I'll raise my hand. I'm looking forward to him having me "thrown out." I stopped getting sweaty palms at the sight of sleeve tattoos when I was 4.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Dan:

I have not seen that part of the presentation, but I feel the same way as you.

As a reader, I take offense to that type of talk, I'm not the first in my family to read, and most of my friends are readers. To most of them (and me), it is a vocation and part of their belief system. What I find strange is that an entertainer would use such a tactic, especially given the actions that have been taken against other entertainers using hate speech and insults towards classes of people. BTW, he may or may not be aware of it, but such action is illegal in the United States.

Quote:
Unlawful discrimination can be characterized as direct or subtle. Direct discrimination involves treating someone less favorably because of their possession of an attribute (e.g., sex, age, race, religion, family status, national origin, military status, disability), compared with someone without that attribute in the same circumstances.

Where as many of us practice what we do stemming from our faith or belief system, refusing service or singling one out because of it and insulting him, are examples of “direct unlawful discrimination.” Perhaps this is something young mister Luke and Penguin should be aware of…

Tony
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Quote:
On 2008-06-26 21:14, Dan McLean wrote:
Sorry. My mouse dropped. Accidentally posted a blank.
What I was trying to post was that I come from a family of psychic readers and both parents by the by had degrees in psychology. (So do I come to think of it.) And while they occasionally irritated me, I never would have used the word "scum' to describe them.
Or myself since I do psychic readings. And I know many who post at The Café who I've come to respect also do psychic readings.
Bottom line: I'm hoping to go to one of Luke's shows. If he asks if there are any psychic readers in the house, I'll raise my hand. I'm looking forward to him having me "thrown out." I stopped getting sweaty palms at the sight of sleeve tattoos when I was 4.

Wait I think I missed this part of the convo would some one mind catching me up to speed? I found it interesting to know that you CAN be fired due to sexual orientation (precevied or real) if you work in an at will state (48 of the 50).

Wierd huh?
ATG
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

It has been said that in the presentation, Like asks if there are any psychics in the room, none are, he then calls them "scum" and says that he would have them thrown out of the performance if there were any. And then further says that he will not allow any of "them" into any of his performances. He then goes of on a tirade insulting and belittling those who profess to be psychic.

Not having seen this, I cannot confirm it. (The download failed, and I am waiting on the DVD to arrive.)

If true, the hate speach is not illegal, just morally objectionable and not considered acceptable (i.e. Michael Richards and several talk show hosts and reporters who have been in the news for similar actions recently, and fired because of it). But if he were to have someone removed based on religion, belief system, occupation, or a number of other stipulations spelled out in both federal and state statues, he and the venue would be in violation of the law.

Tony Iacoviello
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Heck - according to people's accounts, LJ is used to being in violation of the law... some say if he sets foot on UK territory ther are some charges waiting for him... plus that is just "legal" law... moral law... AHHAHAHAHAHAAA....

Heck, Tony, you gotta let me know if you ever get what you ordered - it seems even when LJ is not directly involved, his products still have a ton of shady issues with them...
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Penguin responded to me right away and I have no issue with what they told me. They have been very responsible and responsive.

Tony Iacoviello
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Tony, why would you support someone who has taken money from fellow magicians and not delivered on the product?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

I purchased the product from Penguin, not from Luke directly. They have been upright with me and delivered quality product. But you are right. I bought it in the middle of the night when I was tired and not thinking straight.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Whether the purchase is from Penguin or directly from Luke, he is still being compensated for this product.

BTW, thanks for your response to my question.

edh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Emotional Intelligence by Luke Jermay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL