The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Emotional Intelligence by Luke Jermay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Anyone get their DVD in the mail yet?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Not yet, for me.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1255 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Nor I.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Quote:
On 2008-07-08 10:15, tian_ci wrote:
Anyone get their DVD in the mail yet?

And of course, as Luke wrote back in 2007...

>> Also any person who also orders the next limited release (details of
>> which follow) will from that moment receive free copies of every mass
>> released item I produce from now until 2008 (planned to be seven
>> separate titles some DVD's some Books/manuscript
and
>> some packet tricks). Including a DVD called Inductions featuring
>> methods of apparent instant induction for the mentalist.

Looking forward to my free DVD...
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Key phrase is "from now until 2008" since that time period ended in January, you already got what you're going to get. Smile
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
One lives in hope!
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
My DVD arrived on the 5th of July.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

From
Aaron Little
New user
1 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-07-08 13:28, Aaron Little wrote:
My DVD arrived on the 5th of July.

Thank you Aaron, that fills me with hope.

Can you describe the extras?

Tony
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
This was my first purchase of this type. I order during the preorder period. I had trouble with the instant download. It downloaded fine but there was a problem with the license. I called Penguin the next day and they were able to help me fix the problem.

As far as extras with the DVD there wasn’t any. The download and the DVD appear to be the same thing. The cold reading book that was to be included (due to the preorder) was not in the package. I emailed Penguin regarding this today. Based on my experience with the instant download I have high hopes that they will make it right.

There was a “Tootsie Roll Pop” in the package though.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

I guess the Tootsie pop is the substitute for the cold reading book. Shame, that was the convincer to place the order. (Hmmm, no book but a sucker...)

You were luckier than most, the people I talked with (like me) could not get the download to work.

Thank you for the update.
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
I needed to download a security update from MicroSoft in order for media player to properly handle the license from Penguin. Once I installed it and rebooted the video played fine. Penguin reset my license for me as I had blown through the three trying to get it to work.

I have to say that I thought the tootsie roll pop was interesting but I never made the connection to a sucker. I will post back what I hear from Penguin regarding the book.
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Maybe the cold reading book is inside the wrapper?

I too really only purchased it for the booklet added on.
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
Quote:
Maybe the cold reading book is inside the wrapper?

And here I have already given it to my niece.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Maybe the tootsie roll is similar to the magic ribbon that can bind 40 odd pieces of paper together and be seen as a HC book....

-------
Cold Reading Room 101 LJ style -

"You often expect to get what you pay for and yet dispite constantly being given not what you ordered or have things not given at all that were promised... expect to get it again...."

"When a brand new LJ product appears - oops I mean announced to be coming - it is the Cat's Meow.... many preorders.... and yet it doesn't appear...."

"When attending an LJ workshop, you feel you must say it is the greatest thing even if you don't believe it.... because you did get to shake hands with LJ"

"Give me your money - now! You will feel better if you do it!"

"You often give people the benefit of the doubt and expect them to live up to promises" CR flips over tarot card - it is THE FOOL

"Look at the break in your palm.... see, it twists and twists... you don't see it?" 2 finger eye - poink "Now... them look like black eyed peas.... and twists and twists.... gimme your money!"

"Watch the pendulum... keep watching.... oh, why is my hand in your wallet pocket... relax... the movements of the pendulum are stating that you realize this is a great effect.... look, I'm loading the wallet with monopoly money.... isn't that a pip? OK - in exchange you have let me have your real money for this great experience!"

"You like to be admired... by admiring LJ! Maybe he will give you a glance or a nod... and then you too will be a magic celebrity!"

"You enjoy buying $10 instant downloads of effects from 13 Steps and PME redone with extra steps by LJ...."

------

OK, that is what I think the small writing inside the tootsie roll wrapping states... I could be wrong.

As a fellow MCer stated... of course I kid!

I'm sure this is another stellar amazing production from LJ - and it sounds like it is going way better now that he has handed over the business admin to Penguin - like, some people actually got a some bits of the expected purchase!

Bravo!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
The book was a deciding factor for me as well. I hope I hear from customer service soon. Now I am off to steal the sucker back from my niece.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Check the wrapper!
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
Quote:
On 2008-07-08 16:30, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Check the wrapper!

I will check it as soon as get home from teaching tonight.
bugula
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of bugula
Penguin sends out Tootsie Pops or M&Ms sometimes when you order their own products.

I ordered this the first day it was available for pre-order and am still waiting for the DVD. I typically get them 7-10 days after they're listed as shipping though. Smile
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
Darn…It was just a Lemon Lime Tootsie Roll Pop.
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
I received an email from Penguin Customer Service. They told me that the DVDs and Booklets are now in and will begin shipping this week based on when the order was received.

So in other words they did not read my email to them or just ignored the fact that I had already received the dvd in the mail from them (without the booklet). I guess I will make an attempt to call them tomorrow. This is rather disappointing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Emotional Intelligence by Luke Jermay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL