The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Alpha-Doole Clipboard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Hi MC,

I just wanted to drop a quick message regarding my new PDF. I've been experimenting with all kinds of impression pads/clipboards for a while. Although there are a few out there that I rate and enjoy using confidently the majority I find don't do the trick for me.

I've written a 30 page manuscript in downloadable PDF format at magicshop.co.uk (under instant downloads) which allows you to make your own clipboard for less than £5/$5. It takes about 3 minutes to make, and the best part about it is it can be a transparent clipboard. You can use the board to get live on stage peeks or if you like you can use the board for pre show.

If the airport lose your luggage or if something happens to your props you can walk into any town in the western world and make up one of these boards in literally minutes and be ready to read minds. The impression surface is as big as you want it to be, and you decide when the area gets "hot", the spectators can even examine the board prior to it's use and find absoloutely nothing.

The download includes instructions with pictures, on how to make the board, an in depth look at peeking the goods, routines and ideas which are original to me, as well as a discussion on pre show work. Although it uses a variety of methods (some old and some new) some of the premises can be adapted to use in conjunction with other clipboards and impression devices and they take this kind of work in a whole new direction.

If you have any questions regarding the Alpha-Doodle Clipboard please feel free to get in contact with me.

Regards from a wet and windy London.

Kit Felgate
Jsmith45
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Jsmith45
3 minutes to make? Not bad for a workable board.
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Sounds like something already published...if any one has this, can you PM me the differences from my method (from my 'tommypad' PDF)?
I PM'd Kit a week ago but he doesn't appear to actually come here.
If it is different, then this sounds very interesting.
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days I've been very busy. I've acctually used your Tommy Pad Thom, which I find to be a great workable pad for walk around.

I've also got a few other preferences regarding impression devices. But, If you lose a board which cost you £80/$80 it's a kick in the teeth to buy another one, which is why mine is so appealing. It only costs about £5 to make.

Thom, the workings of my clipboard are very different to the TP, and to answer your question, no it doesn't use W*P Smile. I'll be happy to send you over a PM.

Jsmith, the time to build the board isn't a lie. Once you have bought the certain materials you can construct the board in literally 3 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Kit.
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
I really hope I didn't come across as accusatory, and as I now know this is different it sounds wonderful.Although I love the tommyboard, I am going to check it out.

Nice one Kit!
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Not at all Thom. Let me know what you think of the board.

I've had a lot of positive feed back regarding the Alpha board itself, but for whatever reason, if some people don't get on with the board the ideas present in the PDF can be used in conjunction with other pads/boards that use live on stage peeks.

Keep me posted.

Kit.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1684 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey Guys,
Time for me to cut in on the action! This board is everything that is promised! Please bare with me while I tell you a true story! A few weeks ago, I was at a reaturant that a freind of the family owns. The restaunrant has a "in House" Magician. However, the evening that we were there, the restaurnt recieved a phone call from the magician who said he couldn't make it in due to personal reasons (We now know his wife was having a healthy baby boy which they called Zac) Anyways! I was asked to stand in. All I had on me was a deck of cards, a ring flight and a card to wallet. So I asked if I could have a root around the office. In the office I found everything I needed to make the A-D Board. I had to do some quick thinking in terms of effects but that night I came up with some amazing stuff with that board. There were a few things I didn't think I could do till I was put under pressure and now a few of the effects I chucked together that night, I have worked on and now are part of my everyday act! In the pdf it does say that you can buy it in any shop ect but I never ever thought it would be so effectively thought of that I could find the things to make the board in an every day office! Literally a lifesaver! Its a brill board and the pdf is excillent to. Kit's put a lot of hours and research into this and ever since he spoke to me about it, I fell in love with it. and after that event, Ill love it even more now. It's a great idea I think!

JamieD
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Is this similar to the idea Bob Cassidy mentions in his book?

That too can be used on the fly and made from stuff you'd find around the house with the addition of the clear plastic clipboard..

Best

MS
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Thank you for the kind words Jamie.

Hi Marc, are you reffering to the impromptu board in Bob's Strange Impressions? If so then my board is very different to both the impromptu version and his more complex clipboard in the same manuscript.

Regards.

Kit.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Hey guys. I have to tell you, this board is great. A few months ago I got an interest in mentalism and then this board came along. I was looking into some other impression devices but I didn't like some of them because 1. the impression may not have been that clear 2. it is heavily gaffed and 3. There was a lot of set up. Well the Alpha-Doodle Board is just the opposite. It is a clean, clear impression. It is not heavily gaffed and the setup is only 5 minutes tops. You can get the supplies to make this virtually anywhere that sells paper! With this board, you get the same reactions as you would a different more gaffed impression device. The peeks that are included are great and cleverly thought out. I highly recommend looking into this product because this is one of the most easiest impression devices I have come across. Thanks!

-Nico Zottos
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Well well well,

This looks to be something of interest.

Also, this thread seems to have quite a few new users on it.
Welcome aBOARD! Smile
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Hello Joshua,

Jamie and Nico are both good friends of mine. Jamie had some input on the development of the board and contributed a handfull of routines and is credited in the PDF. Nico gave suggestions and ideas, as did a few credible industry professionals.

Both use the Alpha-Doodle Clipboard on a weekly basis in professional environments from stage to restaurant work. Both do not make any profit by giving their opinions on the board. They helped me field test the board in it's early stages and if they wish to express their opinions they have every right to do so, new members or not. I don't mean to sound hostile towards you, but I find it insulting that you suggest I'm rounding up random people to give false reviews of my product. They're the best people to review the board due to them using the board for months on end before it was even released.

As a new release to the market reviews are hard to come by. A few members of the Café have PM'd me regarding the PDF considering to purchase the download so hopefully more reviews are on the way from members who have been here a lot longer, who you find to be more plausible.

Regards from an unusually warm London.

Kit.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1684 Posts

Profile of JamieD
We have recently had a spur of interest from other magicians and have some exciting developments. so soon we should have some great reviews from some other magicians for y'all

JamieD
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Gabor
View Profile
Veteran user
Pécel, Hungary
367 Posts

Profile of Gabor
Eventually I purchased the PDF. When I opened the file and impatiently scrolled down to the pictures I felt deja vu and my first reaction was 'Oh no, again!'. But then I read it from the begining and I must confess that I love it. The method is far from new to say the least, but the handling and the good ideas that count. And it is very easy to construct. My favourite is Mind Switch. Excellent routine. I also liked the p*** methods.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Hi Gabor,

That is the reaction that most people first give the manuscript..."OH NO!!!", but like you said, after reading through they realise that although the main idea isn't new, the collective ideas, the handling and the peeks breathe a breath of fresh air into this kind of work.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you get a lot of mileage out of it.

Kit.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1684 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Glad you enjoyed the Mind power routine, I've had a lot of sucess with that presentation of the board.
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Can this be made small enough to fit in a pocket?
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1684 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey Bryan,

it can be made up of a smaller board. any sized board you can get your hands on. I actually have a version made form playing cards. But more about that another time. Smile

Jamie
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Hi Bryan,

As Jamie has said, yes, in this instance size does not matter Smile

Drop me a PM if you want more details.

Kit
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
If anybody wants more info regarding this project please don't hesitate to PM me as others have or message me via the thread. I'll be happy to answer your questions and shed a bti of light.

Kit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Alpha-Doole Clipboard (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL