The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin handling problem...help please. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Quote:
On 2008-06-03 18:52, agent61 wrote:
[So how much would you apply? I gather not much. And where? (don't say yer hands lol)
A little bit on the palms??

Just a bit on the palms, fingers and thumb, and between the fingers. Let it dry a bit and you're ready to go. Again, I was amazed at what it allowed me to do. Plus it's cheap and can be picked up at office supply stores.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Excellent, I'm to give that a try, thanks!
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
Here's an unconventional and inexpensive method...

I found that Silly Putty makes my hands just tacky enough to hold the coins without making them too sticky, or too smooth. Just happened to be playing with it one day, and noticed it. Just roll a blob of it in the hands for like 10 seconds before going on, or if doing strolling work, between tables or groups...
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
tom_stamm
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
248 Posts

Profile of tom_stamm
I've used Corn Huskers lotion for over 30 years (I like the smell). You don't need much. I balances the moisture in you hands so its not too moist or too dry.

I am going to try some of the other suggestions...
Just Some Guy.

"For Seven Tons of the King's Tea,
Six Fine Ladies to Fight a Great Jackass -- me."
Doctor Xombie
View Profile
Regular user
FL (formerly Planet X)
109 Posts

Profile of Doctor Xombie
These suggestions are all great!
I suddenly realised what a difference this makes.
My hands are usually a bit dry but I never thought anything about it.
A little moisture REALLY improves handling.
My coin rolls are GREATLY improved just by this little detail.
Thanks all. Smile
-Roger "The Doctor"

Doctor Xombie & Roger Boyes -Author
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Modeling clay also works. Keep a small ball of it with and knead the clay when desired.
Magic is a vanishing art.
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
It's just a problem you get with age. I have no plans to ever grow up so I'll never need it. Smile
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
On safety tip when using the Silly Putty suggestion I made earlier.

If flying commercial airlines, do NOT keep it in your carry on. Not too long ago I was stopped (for the first time) because they thought it was some kind of plastic explosive. Just how it showed up on the xray, and the hand check, the color and texture, they just got antsy. Evne with the bounce demo, the fact it was in it's colorful egg and all.

It was fun though, trying to explain it all to some clueless guys till a supervisor came over and I just said, "here, toss it, no big deal..."

Put it in a carry on.
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2008-05-30 13:16, RachelMilano wrote:
There are times when the coins feel very slippery in my hands...almost as if my hands were cold but they in fact aren't. I've been told it's because my hands are dry at that time and have no tackiness at all. Someone suggested perhaps a water based gel might help. Any suggestions guys? Rachel. Smile

I only use Dove soap to keep my hands AND coins clean.

The rest is just years of practice and dedication. There is NO easy answer. Never give up.

Good luck -

A proper diet is also VERY important.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin handling problem...help please. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL