The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Green backed Bicycle cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cempens
View Profile
New user
Oregon
9 Posts

Profile of cempens
I wrote USPCC and asked about black and green backed Bicycle cards. They told me the black backed ones were manufactured for military use. She didn't tell me about the green ones though. What is the story of those? Is there a source to get them at? I have seen people sell packs on eBay, but I was hoping to find a more steady (and hopefully less expensive) source to buy them from on a regular basis. Smile
Minho_Kim
View Profile
New user
Massatchusetts
8 Posts

Profile of Minho_Kim
I think what you're looking at are the tactical playing cards. They are supposed to last longer and be better, but Bicycles have been pretty @$#**- lately. I recommend Tally-ho's
jr_illusion
View Profile
New user
USA
67 Posts

Profile of jr_illusion
Where can you get a deck of Tally-Ho's?
cempens
View Profile
New user
Oregon
9 Posts

Profile of cempens
Just this week I read on Penguinmagic.com's message board that they will be carrying Tally-Ho's in the near future (if not already). I will pick up a few packs to check them out.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
You can pick-up Tally-Ho's at http://www.magicproshop.com
for $2.35. That's where I buy mine...
Peter has great customer service!

Hope this helps!
William Holcomb
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
Hello,
If you want to buy cards in bulk, there is a company by the name of Kardwell Intl., located on the East End of Long Island. I believe that their minimum order would probably be around 36 decks.

I've never seen them carry the green or black Bicycles, but I buy TallyHo cards from them all the time.

Take Care,
Vincent Smile Smile Smile
Skulldini
View Profile
New user
N. California
80 Posts

Profile of Skulldini
Try Pokerchip.com for Tally Ho. They list for $22.50 per dozen. They also stock most all of USPCC cards, but no Tactical listed. Hope that helps.
Skulldini Smile
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Priceking.com has them for about $16 per dozen, with a $200 minimum order.

You won't find tacticals online, except rarely on eBay.

Read the thread on tacticals; they are for US military use only, and it's illegal to buy them if you aren't in the service.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Mac...
I could be wrong, but I doubt it's illegal to buy them if you're not in the service.

They're sold exclusively through stores on military bases; civilians are not allowed to purchase goods through those stores. Ergo, they're not commercially available.

Heck, I can just see it now: "And what is the charge?" "Violation of 35USC1945, your honor: illegal possession of tactical playing cards. We recommend remand without bail."

:)
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
odroj88
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of odroj88
Cempens, I also e-mailed the USPCC to inquire about green backed Bikes and they informed me that the green backed Bikes were or are only sold around Christmas time for a limited time.

They said that your local drug store should have them around Christmas although I have never seen them anywhere. Hope this helps.
Odrj88
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Green backed Bicycle cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL