The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » While driving, what’s the stupidest thing you’ve been pulled over for? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
When I lived in San Diego I noticed that the cops would pull you over for any little reason. But perhaps the one that really surprised and outraged me was when an AMBULANCE pulled me over for not signaling before making a lane change! I got a ticket and a point on my license.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
When I was a kid I got pulled over, got a citation, and had to attend traffic school on a Saturday for running a stop sign on my bicycle.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Don't get me started on that...

I got a ticket TWO different times, in the city; one for riding in Washington Square Park on a Sunday before 10:AM!!! $120.00 The second one was for going through a Red light, downtown sesenth ave south. Another $120.00 The second one really Pised me off because it was by a bicycle cop and he wasn't even wearing his helmet, it was hanging from his handle bars!

End of rant. Carry on...

Hey now!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
A Pa. State policemen pulled me over to find out if I really was a juggler, because my license plate says "jugler". I showed him my bag of props, and he said thank you, have a nice day.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
You should've given him your card, Al. Did you ask if he wanted lessons? or maybe hire you for an upcoming PBA event?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
One day as I was going home from work on a back road, there was an old, beat-up pickup truck weaving all over the road in front of me. There was a double yellow line, but the lanes were twice as wide as normal, so when he slowed down and pulle a bit toward the curb, I went around him. I saw that the driver was an old man, and I assumed he had been drinking, based on his ability to cover the entire road.

As I went around him, I saw the lights of a highway patrolman in my rear view mirror. Since the truck had, by that time, pulled into a liquor store parking lot, I assumed that the patrolman was going to ticket him. As it turned out, he ticketed me! When I told him I was just going around the guy who had been driving all over the road, the patroman said "He's just an old man trying to get home!"
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I've never been pulled over for anything silly, but the police did pull up to me once when my girlfriend and I were parking way out in the middle of nowhere (so we were caught off guard).

I rolled down my window and the cop asked what we were doing, and I said something like, "just having a little bit of loving." Then he asked to see the registration. The car I was driving happened to be registered to the church my father was pastoring at the time, so I spent the next several weeks wondering whether he would get a phone call over the incident.

Maybe he did. But he never said anything

I bet the cops were laughing about it for a couple of days.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
A friend of mine was once pulled over because the car he was driving was the first one the officer had when he got his license. The cop just thought he'd share that information.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I got a $60 ticket for running a YELLOW light. The cop said I'd started into the intersection after it turned yellow, which I disputed. Even though I was completely through before it turned red, I got a ticket. His word against mine. It was the end of the month, so I assume he had a quota to meet.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I don't know about Iowa. But in some places it is a violation to enter an intersection under a yellow light. I work in a little town just outside of Milwaukee. If you enter the intersection on a yellow (speeding up to make the light) in this town, and the cops see you, you can pretty much count on getting pulled over. You'll probably get a warning, but if you get smart...Count on a ticket.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
My eldest son was pulled over the other night for skate boarding after mid night.......... Seems he discovered he was out of smokes and needed to run to the local convenience store 2 blocks away and rather than drive he took his skate board.
The cop asked why he was skate boarding so late and James said he was just trying to conserve gas and when the cop stated "But it's AFTER mid night" my kid said that his truck got the same crappy mileage no matter what time it was! Fortunately the cop had a sense of humor and let his go on!
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I wasn't driving but I got a jaywalking ticket in huntington beach right after the OP Pro surfing contest. There were about 50-70,000 people there and the traffic was stopped so me and 2 friends (and thousands of others)walked across and we got stopped by a motorcycle cop, as he was giving us the tickets my friend was counting out loud how many people were crossing at the exact same spot we did, I think the cop told him to shutup at about 20. People kept asking us if the tickets were for jaywalking and then laughing.

The ticket cost $25 and that's the only money hb will ever get from me.
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Experimentalist
I was once pulled over for driving correctly. I was then given a Burger King coupon good for a free Whopper and french fries. It was some wierd campaign they were running. I think it was called, "Heart Attacks for Safe Drivers".

I was also once pulled over for having a Rastafarian in the car.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
One for Justin

A buddy of mine was stopped for speeding on his bike. He was out on a training spin and came down a hill into my village. It's quite steep, so you can pick up a fair rate coming down. He was stopped doing 55mph, it was a 30mph zone. Can't remember what his ticket was, probably about 80 Irish pounds at the time!

I was pulled recently in Paraguay for not having lights on during the day. Go figure..
Scott
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Oh yeah, my sister got pulled for eating toast..
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
A few years ago I got followed and eventually pulled over. When the officer got to my window, he asked me if I saw him wave. I am not kidding, he seemed really offended by it as he told me that he waved and wanted to know why I didn't wave back. I honesy did not see him until he was behind me. He followed me for awhile and after his waving interrogation cited me for making an illegal u-turn. Bottom line... I GOT PULLED OVER FOR NOT WAVING BACK! So be on the look-out for waving officers, they can be quite sensitive.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Big Jeff
On the east coast jaywalking is an art form. Boy was I surprised when I landed in La La Land, I steped off the curb people slamed on their breaks, and called me impolite names out of their windows. I still tell that story to people who have never been the left coast.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Once when my kids were young I almost got pulled over for using the carpool lane on a freeway onramp: the boys were both wearing dark brown jackets that were almost the same color as the upholstery. The motorcycle cop turned on his lights: I waved, pointed to the passenger seat, pointed to the back seat, and kept on accelerating. He pulled up next to me and motioned for me to roll down the window.

"I didn't even see them in there!"

Two weeks later I was getting on the same onramp. A different motorcycle cop was at the top of the ramp. He pointed to me, then pointed toward the curb. I pointed to both of the boys in their car seats and kept on driving.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2008-06-02 20:47, GlenD wrote:
So be on the look-out for waving officers, they can be quite sensitive.

Once my wife was driving with the boys and came speeding up alongside a police car; she must have been doing 80 on the freeway. As she pulled alongside she said, "Look, boys! Policemen! Wave!" The boys - ages four and six at the time - enthusiastically waved at the cops as my wife carefully slowed down. The cops waved back. No ticket.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Al, There was a stop light about a block up and the cars were stopped on the other side so we, and a few thousand other people crossed and the cop singled us out. I saw the cop coming and assumed he was coming to direct traffic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » While driving, what’s the stupidest thing you’ve been pulled over for? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL