The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » David Regal 3F routine in Genii (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Can anybody tell me if the David Regal 3-Fly routine "A Lesson in Larceny" in this months Genii requires ALL three coins to nest in the gimmick at some point during the routine, or does it just require a single coin to nest in the gimmick throughout the routine?

Any opinions on Regal's routine?

I've heard from a couple of magi-pals that it's a pretty strong offering compared to the typical magazine fare.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Just a one coin nest and from what I read the other night (quick once over) it looks very good! Dang sure worth more than the price of the magazine and then some!

Mick
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Thanks Mick, but I think my question was poorly worded.
I'm trying to determine what set I'd need to do the Regal routine.

Some Sliding locking sets have the gimmick, a single turned down coin, and two normal coins.

Some Sliding locking sets have the gimmick, and three turned down coins.

Which set would the Regal routine require? Smile
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Sliding locking sets have the gimmick, and three turned down coins to fit...

only for the last section, otherwise use Kohler's U3F ending, instead
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Todd Lassen makes a sliding locking set that has the half s___l, a single turned down coin, and two normal coins for $200.00

He also makes a sliding locking set with the half s___l, and three turned down coins for $300.00

Which set does the Regal routine require is my question.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Either one will work fine, but if you don't get all three milled down you will have to keep track of the shaved coin.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Is it the June Issue or May issue?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
June.
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Quote:
On 2008-06-02 22:49, silverking wrote:
Can anybody tell me if the David Regal 3-Fly routine "A Lesson in Larceny" in this months Genii requires ALL three coins to nest in the gimmick at some point during the routine, or does it just require a single coin to nest in the gimmick throughout the routine?

Any opinions on Regal's routine?

I've heard from a couple of magi-pals that it's a pretty strong offering compared to the typical magazine fare.

For most of the routine you are only using one coin to nest in the Gimmick, but for the very last phase David has a sequence to move the gaff from one hand to the other and get one ahead. For this phase only you will need a second coin that can nest in the gaff.

So if you want to do the routine exactly as David does it, you will need two coins that are shaved down and can nest in the gaff.

Hope that helps!

** Bill **
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Thanks Bill and Mick for your kind assistance!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Why don't you try to get an expanded locking sliding shell?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » David Regal 3F routine in Genii (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL