The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Deepening Techniques (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Interesed in knowing your favorite deepening techinque.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
My favorite:

"As I count backwards from 10 to 1, with each number allow yourself to double the sensation of relaxation. (then a fractination count) and then finally, three, two, one...."

It works. That is why it is my favorite.

Richard
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
WillBox
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of WillBox
Life the arm up, and ever-so-gently remove your grip suggestively implying that the arm is to remain there. Then say "And you can find your arm gently lowering only as fast as you allow yourself to go deeper and deeper into a profoundly relaxing state... (etc) until when it finally reaches your lap (or side) you will know that your subconscious can respond deeply to every suggestion given".
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19526 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Every word I speak, every sound you hear, every breath you take, will relax you even further.

Bout half way through the induction, and you need no more deepeners.

Solves LOTS of problems.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Thanks gentlemen. I appreciate, and respect, the feedback.
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
I like to combine 2 deepening techniques at the same time.

I usually use a brief progressive relaxation combined with deepening by counting. I weave the two together because, the progressive relaxation is very kinesthetic, and the subconscious mind really responds well to numbers.

It might go something like this...

Relax your feet, toes, and ankles, as I count down from 10. Now your calves, shins and knees as you relax down to 9. Etc, etc. etc.

I hope that helps.

Marc
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Very interesting. Thanks Marc!
MagicoftheMind
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of MagicoftheMind
I've seen Marc use the 'combined' method, and it's very effective. You can see his volunteers react as he counts. I've used his method in my own show and it's been a great addition!
Katherine Anne
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Katherine Anne
I like to use the "counting back from 10 to 1" but with the visualization of a staircase leading to a tranquil waterfall or other relaxing scene.
hypnodoc
View Profile
New user
WA
64 Posts

Profile of hypnodoc
I like to use a combination of counting and progressive relaxation with some confusion.

I like to change it up and at times I will start the count down and as they go down I will jump back up a few numbers

As I count down from 10 to 1 you will allow yourself to go deeper into the hypnotic sleep 10 going deeper 9 etc 8 etc 7 etc total relaxation 6 etc 8 etc 7 etc 6 etc 5 etc 4 etc 3 etc all the tension melting away the mind floating and free 7 etc 6 etc 5 etc
briandavidphillips
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of briandavidphillips
I don't have a "favorite" deepener but I do have habitual ones (such as counting, breathing, staircase, etc) while I try to mix it up and do other things.

If I HAD to choose a favorite, it would be "happy balloons" which is an effect that deepens the experience. It's obviously based upon the classic suggestibility effect of arm levitation and then ties in positive emotional states associated to the trance then arm catalepsy followed by a drop into deeper experience which all together deepens the intensity of the imaginative involvement in the experience quite a bit.

I also love to do the "drunk finger" bit which is both a deepener or an induction and is loads of fun.

Both of those are described in the http://www.briandavidphillips.com/products/core.html set (there are some videos on my webpage as well).

All the best,
Brian
Hypnosis DVD Courses
http://www.briandavidphillips.com

Brian David Phillips brian@briandavidphillips.com
Hypnotist, Trance Wizard, Intuitionist
Keelung, Taiwan
http://www.briandavidphillips.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Deepening Techniques (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL