The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Are you a good cook? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
What are you going to make tonite?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
What am I making tonight? Why I'm making reservations, yes Justin we are having Scotish quisine tonight. It will be dinner for two at a reataurant near us called McDonalds.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Next time you're in town, I'll take you to a McDonalds that has white linen table cloths, silverware, a Door Man AND a live Piano player!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I'm going to dine Royally tonight.

Dinner at Burger King and Dairy Queen for desert.

Get it? Royally? Burger KING, Dairy QUEEN. Oh, that's good stuff.

Actually,I haven't eaten fast food in a while. I'm a decent cook.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
How come the Dairy Queen could not become pregnant?

Because, she married Mr. Softie!

hey now!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I can only cook frozen pizzas, that's my specialty. I also make mean shortbread!!

Justin, is that serious? You've got 5-star McDonald's restauratns in NY?
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Justin
I will use that one.

Flash Flash
I just tried that joke out on my wife, and she didn't like it, so now I'm sure it's a keeper.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Guilty secret: sometimes I like frozen pizzas, too - and even worse, I think they're better with a little tomato paste smeared on top (yes, tomato PASTE, I like sweet).

Brag: tonight's dinner is Kung Pao Pork (easy as fallin' off a log) and Singapore Chicken Rice (also easy but special thanks to Tony Bourdain for discovering it).
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I love to cook even though I rarely have time. I'm told I am pretty durned good at it. Soups, chili, 6 hour Bar-b-q ribs, kabobs, white cheese and spinach qusadillias, lasagne..Dang it...now I am getting hungry.
My favourite cooking method is fondue. I know...It is so 1970's, but dang it, I love the stuff and it is a good social activity. It forces you to eat slowly so there is a lot of time to converse.
My kids of course like the chocolate fondue stuff, my preference is broth fondues...Lots of meats and veggies.
My most requested fondue is a beer based cheddar/artichoke/spinach concoction. Make that with good rye and pumpernickle bread, raw broccoli and cauliflower for dipping.

Baking however is my enemy. I am hopeless with cakes, breads and muffins.
Sylver takes care of those.

Anyone want to swap recipies?
Gwyd who has the urge to cook
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Grilled salmon...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I have the trophy's to prove it. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
I'm a great cook and I have the ego to prove it! Smile Everything fresh and from scratch.
Tonight I'm grilling pork tenderloin marinaded in a tamarind horseradish glaze. Served with grilled asparagus and gnocchi with tomato caper pasta sauce & olive oil.
POOF!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Tonight I am grilling a steak that I marinated in Tequila, lime & garlic Smile

I can't wait to get home & cook this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I handled cooking duties while working in group homes for years, I do it pretty well!!!!!!!!

Mike
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Signore Gepetto, I don't need no stinkin' trophies...
Kregg, consider your gauntlet returned...

:lol:

The kid next door thinks my Indian food tastes homemade. He oughta know -- his parents are Hindi and his Dad used to be a professional chef. Saturday night was Tandoori chicken, dosas, dal, and assorted pickles.

Sunday morning? Crepes with a strawberry/ricotta filling, their bright notes provided by a touch of Balsamic vinegar. Sunday night, beef stroganoff, light -- no cream, but a roux made with 2% and whole wheat flour. Bit of tarragon and a pinch of sage, served on whole wheat pasta.

Yesterday, a nice pot of beans, some brown rice (seasoned in the pot -- there is NO SUCH THING as "too much garlic") and some whole wheat tortillas. Store bought -- I had to work late.

Tonight, leftovers.

Mangia!

Leland

Now, if one of you mooks can kindly help me remember the name of that dark beer I bought at Trader Joe's for $2.89 for a SIX PACK (yes, that's $2.89) and it was a DEAD RINGER for Guiness.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Well, hubby #1 gained 30 pounds the first three months we were married, then spent the next 6 3/4 years trying to lose it! I've got those southern roots that say "if ya got company, the right thing to do is feed them!" While I don't do much southern style cooking (everything is either fried or swimming in fat), I'd have to say my cooking skills are quite good. My older son loves my chicken and dumplings and my younger son loves my matzo ball soup. I still can't make cornbread or biscuits unless they come from a mix (cornbread) or the "exploding" can (biscuits).

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Oh, please say it isn't so...a Southerner, a Memphis Belle no less, living in the very heart of Dixie...and you make biscuits from a CAN???!!! Sweet land o' Goshen, those hockey pucks are made UP NAWTH!!!

Oh, Ma'am, ah do believe ah hear Miss Scarlett rethinking her vow...

You know I'm kiddin', right? I hope this doesn't read as mean-spirited. Just joshin'!
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Quote:
On 2008-06-03 22:47, Leland Stone wrote:
Oh, please say it isn't so...a Southerner, a Memphis Belle no less, living in the very heart of Dixie...and you make biscuits from a CAN???!!! Sweet land o' Goshen, those hockey pucks are made UP NAWTH!!!

Oh, Ma'am, ah do believe ah hear Miss Scarlett rethinking her vow...

You know I'm kiddin', right? I hope this doesn't read as mean-spirited. Just joshin'!

Would it help me plead my case on biscuits and cornbread if I were to tell you that my dad is NYC born and raised? So, in actuality, I'm not a TRUE Southerner..or so I've been told by some people!! Smile

I guess I shouldn't even mention that I make white bread dressing at Thanksgiving instead of cornbread dressing! Actually, I make both, but I learned the white bread dressing first (from my dad who did most of the cooking in my house when I was growing up).

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
BBQ'd salmon wrapped in Bannana leaves.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I didn't even know there WERE banana leaves.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2008-06-03 22:24, Leland Stone wrote:

The kid next door thinks my Indian food tastes homemade. He oughta know -- his parents are Hindi and his Dad used to be a professional chef. Saturday night was Tandoori chicken, dosas, dal, and assorted pickles.

Leland, I know you're a local, and Indian is my favorite food...I'm raiding your place, so brace yourself. I was thinking we'd start with chana masala, samosas, dal makhani, aloo mattar, garlic nan...
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Are you a good cook? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL