The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I finally got a myspace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I never felt I needed one because I have a website. But after so many people as if I have one I decided to make a myspace. I'm new at this so I'm still learning about it.

But if you're so inclined please add me.

http://www.myspace.com/ronjaxon

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I just sent a friend request!

Mike
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks Mike.

Now I gotta start learning how to be a myspacer. Smile

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Its easy once you get the hang of it. Just be aware there is a LOT of spaming. Stay on top of your activity and you'll be fine.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Using myspace is easy:

1) Make sure that there is poor contrast between your background and text. People will stay longer at your myspace page if they have to work to read a sentence!

2) Make sure loud music immediately starts playing upon the loading of your page. That way, people won't start trying to read your poorly-contrasted text. They'll be looking for the volume knob or the of button. Obviously, it's recommended that you make these controls difficult or impossible to find.

3) Make sure that there are so many plug-ins used on your page that the page takes extra time to load. They can't leave your site if it is busy loading! Remember, the longer your pictures, Java, Javascript, Flash and other goodies take to load, the better.

4) Avoid all criticism of your design. Anyone who criticizes you is just jealous of your mad design skillz.

Here are some pages to hold as an ideal on myspace:
Site #1
Site #2

Here are some pages that should serve as examples of poor myspace design:
Site #1
Site #2
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
613 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I just sent a request to add you. Hey Ron, your myspace page is much better than mine. Of course, I haven't even added any information to mine since I joined. I will add a little bit now though...
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Oh yeah and you get to participate in taking surveys! It's like so cool!!! gag
But I might send you a request anyways...
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The spam and requests I got from MySpace turned me off.
It took me a few tries to actually end my account.
Just not for me.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I had considered a myspace...but I heard they are absolutely infested with viruses, spyware, etc...
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
So far I haven't had any problems with spam and all that. But I did set the security settings they offer. I know I'm new at it and I know nothing is fool proof but so far no problems.

And I see what Scott Cram means. Most I've seen look terrible. I don't understand why most of them make sure no one can read the words because they are faded or see anything but a mess of images. So I searched around and found ways to make them look half way decent.

Thanks to those who have added me.

Ron Jaxon

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I was just having a little fun, of course. But myspace pages do have a less than stellar reputation around the internet:

As my last two links in my previous message will show, when they're done right, they can be very effective marketing tools.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I finally got a myspace (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL