The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marc Spelmann Glimpse 20/20 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
I am posting this partial PM message here as I have had a number of PMs about Glimpse 20/20 and I thought this might help with any interested mind warpers.

Good Thoughts

Marc Spelmann.

I originally wanted to do a booklet with the original Glimpse but due to time it came out as it did. They have since sold out completely and people still want Glimpse so instead of re-releasing the same thing I decided to do a full DVD (Glimpse 20/20) where people can watch me construct Glimpse from scratch, use it live and also tip various other applications and routines.

We have tried to keep the price the same as the original, it maybe a couple of dollars / pounds / euros / yen more as the DVD runs for well over and hour and 30 minutes and the production of the DVD is higher than the original manuscript.

The trailer can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH9aV3PXE1E

We are hoping this will be available in the next month. It will only be available from http://www.innermindproductions.com (Paypal excepted) and then Alakazam Magic followed by your favourite magic supplier world wide.

I hope that helps Dan, good to hear from you..

Marc Spelmann

Moderators: I have also posted this in Penny for your thoughts. You may want to redirect, I just didn't know where to put it? Apologies. MS
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Marc,
This sounds great. I already have the original Glimpse but the DVD sounds as a great supplement. I will keep an eye open for this.
Best,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Looks great Marc,

I am eagerly awaiting!

Best,

Ben Williams
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Keep me posted, too.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Cool music.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Thanks guys..

I'll make sure either Peter Nardi or I keep you informed of the release date..

MS
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Great Marc, I bought Glimpse a few days ago, read it but having difficulties how to construct it. Especially with the ce......ne, which you normally throw away.

I'll wait for your dvd instead.
Jsmith45
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Jsmith45
I thought the original Glimpse was just fine.
Now I am looking forward to the new era of 20/20.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
I hope you guys like it, it is how I originally wanted to release Glimpse but time and budget were an issue last time.. This time round I have had more opportunity to put all of my thoughts and applications as well as going into more detail..

The DVD is the best way of teaching Glimpse 20/20..

Some great feedback about the trailer which is something we worked hard with, we wanted a different look and feel to Glimpse 20/20.. I think Russ Stevens and myself are frustrated film makers..

MS
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
For all of those that have PM'd me about Glimpse 20/20 it is now available from http://www.innermindproductions.com under effects..

Thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy the DVD..
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Wow, this really looks good! Can't wait for it....
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Hi Jason,

I have sent you a PM, orders are going well and the feedback so far is great.. People seem to love the additions and seeing me actually make a Glimpse and use it..

Best

Marc
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On 2008-06-04 11:16, patrick66 wrote:
Great Marc, I bought Glimpse a few days ago, read it but having difficulties how to construct it. Especially with the ce......ne, which you normally throw away.

I'll wait for your dvd instead.

20/20 will be a god send for those of us who had the same difficulty with construction. The DVD will show step by step construction details. yay!

I have to admit I have seen 20/20 and was very impressed. The sheer number of directions you can utilise the concept for are immense, I can certainly understand why Richard Osterlind went nuts over it.
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
A few people had trouble with the construction, my apologies for that. 20/20 totally deals with that issue..

A little history.. Glimpse was technically my first release, I had used the principle for a good few years before releasing.. I didn't keep it to myself out of any ego, it was simply the case that I didn't think anyone would be interested in my little sneaky Glimpse thing.. It was only when Nick Einhorn, Ettienne Pradier and Peter Nardi all said that they thought it was great that I decided to release it but again not knowing how well it would sell, what the interest would be I released it as the small manuscript many have purchased..

Budget, time and how to release it was an area I was not familiar with back then so I wrote it up as best as I could and put it out there as a demo.. It was only when Richard Ostrelind and Andy Nyman paid me some great compliments that I thought, okay maybe this is something to get out there..

To the present day: Glimpse 20/20 is exactly how I wish I could have released it back then, I get a chance to release every thought, idea, principle and technique.. I even delve into magic as well with an impossibly clean card to card box which can be in their pocket from the start..

A bent coin routine, four different coins isolated in the box that they hold and their choice of coin bends inside. Spirit writing is possible with the same technique.

The original Glimpse sold over 2500 units world wide which trust me I never saw happening, Glimpse 20/20 was created as I simply didn't have any more original Glimpses left and as a result I thought I would put an updated more concise product out there.. Glimpse has served me well in my close up, cabaret and parlor shows, I sincerely hope it does the same for anyone who purchases it.

Please feel free to ask me any questions..

MS
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Looks great, Mark. Congrats!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Thanks Cameron, I appreciate that.. Your card restoration looks pretty xxxx good as well..

MS
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I jumped on this one as soon as it was available. Lately I've been conbtributing significantly to Britan's England's Gross National Product.
I have the original Glimpse - might be a collector' item. I like it and use it but I remember thinking as a utility device there was endless possibilities and that it was worth a companion DVD. Glad Marc thought so too.
I look forward to it with great anticipation. I'm sure it's killer.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Hi Mark,I recently received Glimpse,excellent,you also have a very good teaching manner.I would love to learn your in the hands false shuffle,I've been struggling with Heinsteins???[not sure about the spelling]for a couple of years and it doesn't look any better,is it on any of your DVD's.Regards Tim.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Hi Cardbiker,

The best resource for the shuffle is either Lennart Green (not sure which DVD, I think it's called the Green Shuffle.) or Benjamin Earls Grey Shuffle. I didn't explain it due to the fact that it is out there and my version is a variation on Lennart Greens, I had never seen his shuffle explained I just tried what I thought he was doing..

A couple of tips for you though are as follows:

Use a broken in deck, ie a nice soft deck that has been used and abused..

Don't try to to perform the shuffle perfectly at the start..
Get the general mechanics first, the muscle memory will settle in..

Keep doing it again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again

Once you are in a position where you are not dropping cards and the mechanics are pretty good you can then start to tighten the shuffle..

I have had so many PM's about the shuffle that I will be releasing my handing on a new effect DVD, Who, Where, What, which will be filmed in the next few months..

In the mean time PM me if I can be of any further assistance..

Thanks for the kind words my friend..

MS
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Hi Mark,thanks for taking the time to reply,I will hunt down my Ben Earl DVD's and give it ago.Look forward to your new DVD releases.Best wishes Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marc Spelmann Glimpse 20/20 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL