The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I.B.M. Youth » » Any M.Y.I. Alumni out there? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Do you have any old M.Y.I. memorabilia you might be willing to photocopy, scan, photograph or otherwise share for an historic record of the program? Any anecdotes? Personal experiences? Old issues of PIPS or Top Hat? Photographs? Please contact me or post here. I would like to build an historic record and profile of the program dating back as far as we can go.

Thanks, all!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
I have fond memories of trying to talk Dale Salwak and Steve Kelly into joining their clubs and publications into MYI in the early 60's. I was keeping a commitment to Jesse James. I still enjoyed writing a naive column for Steve's ambitious magazine and Steve and his family graciously allowed me to stay in their home when I attended close-by Abbott's summer funnin'. Jesse James was a thoughtful and generous correspondent who often sent me his handmade props and meticulously written instructions for them.

Glad to see this forum appear.

--Tom Hastings
Lifelong Member, MYI
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Oh those were the days! Fond memories of my Top Hats...I think I have some laying around in the shop
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Hey Skip,

Back in the 60's the M.Y.I meant so much to me.

I was too young to join the I.B.M. so I enjoyed my membership with the M.Y.I. until I was old enough to join.

I have a few things to share with you. Give me time to see what I have.

Steve Hart
the "Motivational Magician"

Cape Canaveral, FL USA
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Steve, that would be great! Thank you for everything you do and have done for the I.B.M. and the members!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

joegold
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of joegold
Hi- I was very involved with MYI under Steve Kelly in the late 1980's and early 1990's. In fact I was editor of Tophat Magazine for a number of years. I probably have old issues that I can find. I've also two issues of Pips from 1963 - which I think Tom Ogden might have given me. I'd be happy to send you guys whatever I can find. I really had a wonderful time with MYI and made some very nice friends. Where should I send old issues if I can find them?

- Joe Gold
http://www.goldcapfilms.com
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Thank you, Joe. That would be GREAT! It would be nice to show today's members how the program and the Top Hat have evolved. We're hoping to have the first issue of the new Top Hat video & online mag out soon.

joegold
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of joegold
I emailed you two issues of PIPS. I have about 42 issues of Tophat. I am having them sent to me. Should have them in about a week.
joegold
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of joegold
Just confirming that you got the Pips issues. I have a whole stack of Tophat magazines. I can start scanning some of them in. Are you interested in whole issues or just covers? I have attached a copy of Tophat #226 from March/April 1991. By that time, I was in college, and my friend Nolan Haims had taken over as editor of Tophat. It contains an article that I wrote on the history of MYI.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Thanks, Joe. I have the PIPS. Great! Thank You! As for the Top Hats - Covers mostly. Maybe one or two full issue just for archival purposes. Other than that, any stories or features that you think may be of extreme or historical interest - like your MYI history. At your leisure...no hurry! Thank you!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I.B.M. Youth » » Any M.Y.I. Alumni out there? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL