The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Michael Barron's New Demo Video 2008 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Hey guys, just finished our new 2008 demo reel. we are still tweeking it, but please let me know what you think. http://youtube.com/watch?v=xafusRwmn2w
All the best,
MB
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Great Michael!!! It's always nice to see my Sub-Trunk and Fire Cage in performance and in the hands of someone who makes such good use of them.

Jack
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Nice looking Cube Zag.
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of reedrc
I agree. The content / video is fantastic. Great work MB!
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Great work, Michael. That was one of the few magic demo reels I've actually enjoyed watching. The energy throughout is great and you kept the pacing pretty constant, even during the parts where you showed entire effects. Nice work.

The only thing I might suggest is slowing down the rate at which you display the written testimonials towards the end. I am a very fast reader and I didn't get to read to the end of the last few. A good rule of thumb when putting text on screen is that you should leave it up long enough for you (As someone who is familiar with the text) to read it 1.5-2 times.

And to Jack: As always, your illusions look amazing.

-Nick
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Thank you Nick!!
magicross
View Profile
New user
Staffordshire England
76 Posts

Profile of magicross
Got to say lovin that cube zag as well.
good stuff
Ross
Stafforshire UK

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=521027722
(feel free to add me)
illuzzionz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of illuzzionz
Hey Mike,
Haven't seen you since competitions years ago when you were a junior. Been trying to get by Arabian Nights but haven't been able to. Glad to see everything looks to be going well for you. Good job.

Joseph Constantine
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
That, by far is the best looking Cube Zag ever...
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Nice video, but why is it "squashed"? Did YouTube mess up the aspect ratio?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of reedrc
You can see doing continuous shows, this guy's doing it night by night, seasoned - He's funny, well rehearsed,
the illusions are good, the audience likes him. He's going places. You can see this in the video. I'm glad they included bits from the show, where you can see & hear his interaction with the audience. I'd like to see the show someday. Good stuff. Keep up the good work.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
Very nice performing style and I enjoyed watching the showreel, at first before I started to watch it I thought 9mins plus this will be a chore, I was wrong. I enjoyed your crystal box presentation you managed to liven up an illusion which a lot or people throw away during a show.
You are as Ryan said a seasoned performer and I would suggest you now look to add some more original and unique magic/illusion to your show that has you own stamp to it which you seem more than capable of doing.

Best regards

Mark
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Hey thanks for the comments everybody. Nfox, I agree with your observation about the quote reel. way too fast, I'm not sure whats up with the aspect ratio, those are a few of the things we are going to fix in draft two. Thanks to jack for some great props, the sub trunk is going on 600 performances now without a problem. also some work by rich hill, cliff wiggs, and bill smith in the show. the legendary cube zag is a chalet prop, but we spent untold amounts theming it out. credit for the 920 welds on it goes to prop master wayne bolin, the man behind half of the theme park rides here in orlando and dozens of movies. Thanks for the compliments! having a permanent performance space and working 6 nights a week has done wonders for my show. I would recommend it to anyone that wants to improve. even if you have to do it for next to nothing! do it any way. oh and hey joseph! long time no see. let me know when you want to come by. Ill get you some tickets.
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
We have the updated version now. I will try to post it soon.
Rich Hill
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, Indiana USA
166 Posts

Profile of Rich Hill
Beautiful Video, Michael! Beautiful presentation on the Crystal Casket.
All my best,
Rich Hill
Rich Hill
<BR>www.richhillsillusionshop.com
vj022
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of vj022
Michael,

Very well done. If I could add a suggestion, why not have the hands in the girl slicer and in the cubezag be a little more animated. I think the audience would love seeing the hands moving while the blade goes in immediately.

Just a suggestion
VJ
patrickske
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of patrickske
Wow, nice video man! I really like your Mini Kub Zag, it looks so great!!

Grtz Patrick
Magic Creates Life
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Maybe you could market the "Cub-Zag of Death." Packs flat, plays big .. assembly time only 3-4 hours??

Very cool stuff .. enjoyed watching the video.

Steve
prolineprops
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of prolineprops
Hi Michael,

I enjoyed the reel. Nice! If you are in the Orlando area, check out Mike's show. He is doing a lot of things right. I know I enjoyed it!!

Cliff Wiggs
PROline Magic
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Thanks again guys. Steve, I can only hope to have props that are half as rockin' as chezaday! I think that it may one of the rules of magic that an illusion's coolness is directly proportional to it's set up time. "Cube Zag of Death." Death by hernia.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Michael Barron's New Demo Video 2008 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL