The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper Silver Brass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I am really interested in a Copper Silver Brass. I am upgrading to Walking Liberties and was wondering who made the best set with those coins. As of right now, price is not an issue. I want to know the advantages and disadvantages of Lassen, Schoolcraft, Johnson, and others.

Schoolcraft
Lassen
Johnson?

Jeff
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
The advantages of each set? I've had each of them so here's my 2 cents.

Johnson - great set for the price (about 1/4 of what the Schoolcraft & Lassen cost), available immediately usually but only in Kennedy. I have not seen a Johnson Walking Liberty set.

Schoolcraft - excellent set, very high quality and received it in about 3 weeks after ordering

Lassen - also excellent quality and I like this set a little better just because of the foreign coins used. However, the wait was 2 months on this one.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4773 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I would go with Lassen! The set I got was Killer! I have a hard time telling it from the real coin!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Lassen has a new way of making csb sets that is phenomenal. Check his blog.
bigtyme
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of bigtyme
And while you're at, check out David Regal's new book 'Approaching Magic', it has a wonderful routine called, "Travelling Abroad" utilizing the csb gimmick. The routine actually makes sense. And like all of Mr. Regals magic, he makes the magician the sucker not the spectator.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
David Regal is lecturing for me this month. I'll ask him about it.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
bigtyme
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of bigtyme
And I agree. Go with Todd Lassen. I have a ton of his coin gimmicks and they are not only a joy to behold, they're a joy to work with. And whenever you buy a gimmick, he will also include the respective non-gimmicked coins too.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1529 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Quote:
On 2008-06-06 22:32, MagicAggie wrote:
The advantages of each set? I've had each of them so here's my 2 cents.

Johnson - great set for the price (about 1/4 of what the Schoolcraft & Lassen cost), available immediately usually but only in Kennedy. I have not seen a Johnson Walking Liberty set.

Schoolcraft - excellent set, very high quality and received it in about 3 weeks after ordering

Lassen - also excellent quality and I like this set a little better just because of the foreign coins used. However, the wait was 2 months on this one.

I just ordered a Johnson Products Walking Liberty set from The Magic Warehouse. They have a pretty good supply of JP Walking Liberty gimmicks, might want to try them. I agree that Schoolcraft and Lassen's stuff is great, but for the price, you can't beat Johnson.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Rick, tell me how you like it when it comes.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Have a look at the effect in Poker Chip (Poker Chip Surprise) at http://www.porperoriginals.com
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
Hey Pete, does Joe Porper sell non-gaffed chips specifically to match his sliding-shell or flipper chips?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I just ordered a Lassen C/S/B and I have David Regal's Approaching Magic. I'm all set! Now comes the long, terrifying wait...
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
kiss_bpp
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
98 Posts

Profile of kiss_bpp
Good news is you should be getting the book any day now and you can start working on that immediately.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I already got the book...
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper Silver Brass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL