The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Refrigerated butter? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Don't refrigerate.

Use a butter dish, and whatever you do, use a butter knife to remove the portion of butter you intend to use from the stick. Deposit that on your plate and use your own knife to distribute and/or spread. It's the only method that keeps contaminants off the butter.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Definately fridge.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2008-06-06 22:59, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
Should butter be refrigerated?

I guess it boils down to, how long does your butter sit out until it gets used up?

Anecdotal evidence would suggest that it can be left out fairly safely for a couple (maybe even several) days at a time.

If you find that the butter you leave out is going bad before you are using it all up, then refrigeration would seem to be recommended.

I use butter so rarely at home that I could never leave it sitting out, unless I was just looking to throw my money away.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
Not refrigerated. Get a butter bell and you can store it at room temperature (unless your rooms are 100 degrees.) Keeps it nice and soft for spreading by using water.

You can buy new ones online, but you can also find them in antique shops.
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Can you eat pork if you mix it with lobster, while praying to Jesus, on a Sunday?

Is it Sunday? I can never remember all the rules to these flashy new religions...
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
No.

But apparently giraffes have all of the qualities necessary to be Kosher. Although, hanging one upside down and slitting it's neck, could be quite a chore.

Crickets are Kosher as well. Snap! Crackle! Chirp!

Do you have to refrigerate giraffe?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
Mmmmmm...
Sacrilicious....
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Giraffe with a side of cricket. Now I have a use for my lentils, orach, and figs.

MMM, my kosher kitchen; Where the motto is: "The other white meat makes god cry".
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
My complaint is that the cold stuff doesn't spread well.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I just take it out a little earlier. Or nuke it. But you have to be careful if you nuke it, it will turn to liquid in a flash.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
We don't ever refrigerate our butter. Has never gone bad. Has gotten pretty soft when left too close to the stove. Keep it in a stoneware butter dish.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Refrigerated butter? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL