The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Anyone have the routine for this coin in tiny bottle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Hi,

Among my stuff from years ago, I have this small bottle with a 1 cent coin inside. The neck is way too small for the coin. I've lost the routine years ago.

I seem to remember it was a "one in the hand, two in the pocket" type thing.
I'd like to bring it out again, dust it off and give it a new lease of life.. can anyone point me to a suitable routine?

Thanks!

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Check out David Roth's Funnel in his Expert Coin Magic book. It's also in his Ultimate Coin Magic Collection 3 dvd. He put 4 full-sized half dollars into a tiny bottle using a Funnel. As is all Roth's stuff, it's a very well constructed routine with some great magical moments.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Hi Ben. I never knew you were a member. I like your watching your DVDs. Especially Encyclopedia with Sponge Balls and the Newspaper Tears.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Hi,...

Thanks for the reply.. but this is a really small bottle, about 2" high, with a 1/4" diameter neck - and the one cent is trapped inside. No way to get it out without smashing the bottle.

Anyone help?

Tks!
DCB
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
If you apply a label to the bottle, maybe you could work out something like "mini-Prohibition"? (I presume the Cent is ma......!)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
It might be the item that was sold along with a quarter which had a penny glued to it. And it was a 'penny keeps coming back' type routine where you keep taking the penny and putting it into your pocket.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I've recently been advised it's called "Bottled" by Sam Schwartz.. and there's a routine in his book "The Magic of Sam Schwartz"

Thansk, all!

DCB
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Some people believe 'time is money'; you might construct a routine built around that theme, and the Jim Croche song 'Time In a Bottle playing in the background.

K
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Okami.. it's way too small for a mini Prohibition...!!

Kotah, I'm pretty certain I got this stuff, or the routine at least from Jack Poulter, who used to help me years back, when alt.magic was a worthwhile newsgroup.
I think he may even be active here, on the Café - he was a great help....

I find it odd that I never throw things away, but my routines have a habit of separating themselves from my props.

Regards,

DCB
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
For that, I'd suggest combining the tips of Eugene Burger and Billy McComb: Write out your script and keep it together with the props in a zip-lock bag. No missing gimmicks, no missing routines.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I've got everything organised now. A few months back, I managed to buy an old drawer unit with glass fronts on the drawers (was originally from an old drapers store I think) - it's 8 ft long, with 28 drawers. Wonderful! One drawer for sponge stuff, another for rope, cards, etc. No problems now, but of course, I've been collecting for around 18 years, and a lot of the original paperwork went astray when I moved to Ireland.

I do the ziplock bag already - at least, my wonderful girlf does it all for me!

Cheers!
DCB
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Anyone have the routine for this coin in tiny bottle? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL