The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Underground Collective DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Ello ello!

just wanted to let the fine folks of Magic Café land know that we have busy beavering away on a DVD for 'The Underground Collective' (that's jamie badman and colin miller). many of you will know jamie and colin from their sterling work on 'Heirloom', 'Panagram', 'Sensory Projection' and The Underground Collection books.

for those who have a taste for colin and jamie's distinctive flavour of magic, there is a special teaser trailer online. it has NO MAGIC IN IT! so, it's just for giggles and to give you a sense of what their first dvd will be like.

we'll deffo put up some clips of the awesome magic included in the DVD later, but for now... check this out:

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/underground_earlybird.htm
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
What awesome news!!! Put me down for them already! How many DVDs will there be for them?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Just bought Panagram and sensory projection.

Very clever chaps indeed.

When is it being released?
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Hi all,

this DVD (officially titled 'Welcome To The Firm') will be released on July 28. but we will be taking pre-orders at http://www.bigblindmedia.com from tomorrow.

the DVD runs for 90mins, and features eight stella routines. anyone who knows these guys will knmow that they are magical geniuses! there is some AWESOME stuff on this disc. here's some 'gubbins' about it:

The Con: Underground Poker
A brain ripping 3 phase gambling routine that is almost SELF WORKING!

The Hustle: Misdirection Monte
Jamie Badman’s 'signature routine' featuring the Underground Change – a move so deceptive it lies to itself!

The Rip-off: Lisp Aces
The UC's novel take on the classic Christ Ace Routine which not just provides some excellent motivation for the routine but also leaves the deck ready for Misdirection Monte!

The Wager: Hollywood or Bust
Colin Miller’s highly acclaimed approach for taking the revelation of a centre-tear or peek into another realm. World class mentalism. And it’s EASY!

The Hit: AceAssins
An action-packed, multi-phase routine that flows like blood out of an freshly-slit artery. This has been a signature UC routine for nearly a decade and now it's yours too!

The Witness: Smash & Grab
A two card peek and control that will fool you, your mum, your spectators and anyone with eyeballs!

The Debt: The Enforcers
Collectors really shouldn't look this good. Perhaps we'll bust its kneecaps - teach it a lesson.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEY!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Misdirection Monte being taught in video is easily worth the price of the DVD alone, add Lisp Aces which is hilarious as well! Looking forward to these!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Russell
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Russell
I love Big Blind Media.

Their stuff is so commercial

Great wrote up in the latest Magic Scene as well

Russell
GReaper
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of GReaper
WOW! This is fantastic news!! I am a big fan of The Underground Collective and have all of their effects. I can vouch for AceAssins, Lisp Aces and Hollywood or bust, I have been using them for years. Cant wait to see the official 'Underground Change' stuff too. Excellent news
Grim Reaper

Top Childrens Entertaner (CRB checked)

(AKA Bob Stevens)
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
The Underground Collective DVD now has a trailer up at http://www.bigblindmedia.com/underground_earlybird.htm

WAHEY!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Big Blind Media pouts out wonderful DVD's. And Owen Packard is a bloddy scream. Very funny guy!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
Misdirection Monte being taught in video is easily worth the price of the DVD alone...

Now that's an original quote here on the Café. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-07-29 19:41, edh wrote:
Quote:
Misdirection Monte being taught in video is easily worth the price of the DVD alone...

Now that's an original quote here on the Café. Smile

Ignore "edh". He never reveiws anything, he just makes snide comments about everyone.

jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Incidentally, on the DVD is a routine - 'Katch the Kopper' which I have updated the handling for recently - it uses a new move I've been working on, plus a different presentational approach. I really wish I'd developed this version to put on the DVD but hey, these things happen.

So what I'll probably do is put an explanation of the new routine up on our site (www.underground-collective.com) shortly, as a PDF download. I'll not restrict this download to just those who buy directly from our site - it'll be available to everyone. I'll post here when it's ready.

BTW - EDH - I know what you mean - that phrase is overused. And personally I feel that no DVD should be 'worth it' based on just one good routine. I don't think we've done that with 'Welcome to the Firm' and hopefully there will be reviews to back this up.

Anyway, watch this space for an announcement of the availability of the 'Katch the Kopper' variant download ;-)

Cheers,

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Jamie, thanks for understanding. Apparently some here do not.

Look forward to the reviews.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
There is no DVD or book that will have anyone using every single effect from it in their work. If they take away one gem and add it to what they do when they perform, then it was worth the price of the DVD or book

It has become an expresion to deonote that a single effect is so strong, that it literally was worth the price of the DVD or book. Meaning, the purchaser got their monies worth.

It's not the over use of the expression, but the abuse of it that causes problems. Like when someone with 2 posts chimes in about their friends just released DVD and the effects on the DVD are weak.

jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Point taken, Chris.

However, if/when reviews of our DVD hit the Café, I'd like to request that no review uses that tired old phrase(*)...

Jamie.

(*) However, the new phrase "Worth twice the price of the DVD" still works fine ;-)
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Underground Collective DVD (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL