The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lightning - from Magicsmith (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3630 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Indeed eddie and yeah I think it adds a lot of dramatic build up for big bang
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
I'll have to look into this I think.
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
Tennispro
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Tennispro
How does this compare with cesaral magic bulb? It's definitly cheaper.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1040 Posts

Profile of sbays
Hmmm .. ok so this requires a set up for the hands off option, but does it require a set up for an impromptu use? Meaning, can I walk in and grab any lightbuld and do it?
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4188 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2008-06-29 01:03, sbays wrote:
can I walk in and grab any lightbuld and do it?

Yes.
Edison Chua
View Profile
New user
Ted Orlando
2 Posts

Profile of Edison Chua
Hi,let me add a bit to this discussion on "Lightening", or rather the effect as such.
All that is said by our colleagues show, how good this prop is.
I am sure, those, who have ordered and not yet received, will be glad to have
this effect included in their sequence.
Allow we though, to speak of a different possible use of a bulb effect.
I do not have "Lightening" (yet), but am using the Cesaral bulbs, and when I say
bulbS, I mean the TWO types the SP inventor can supply.
I am proud to be one of the very few colleagues using the Cesaral Bulbs.
Cesar (Alonso) "customizes" bulbs for you to your special requirement(s).
When I say "requirement(s)" let me explain this, or rather MY use of his bulbs.
I am afraid the general effect of a bulb lightening up "can get lost" in a sequence of a programme, parlor or stage, but using a bulb as a "side effect"
read "Mental Byplay" causes (caused to my audiences) a reputation making effect, they still talked about after the (my) shows.
The flexibility of using Cesaral Bulbs lies in the additional (side-effect) use being followed by one of your "mentals".
For example, you will not just ask for 1 or 2 or 3 and 4 (or any more) volunteers to come on stage or (up to you at a parlor venue), but hand the bulb or both bulb types OUT to them to let it go round, and let the bulb show you a or several required assistance.
The bulb will (absolutely customized development by Cesaral) gradually light up, and/or flickers (good effect : "THIS is a suitable person", and be passed on through the audience.
One version can be shown lightening IN a lamp with power, unscrewed and then does the required one or 2 lightenings OFF the lamp,
another version can be handed out likewise, and additionally be remote controlled.
Again "Lightening" seems to be great and solid. Flexible, specific customized uses,for me and mentalist "Cesaral" can be highly recommended.
Ed
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
I just picked up lightning and also the Big Bang effect from MagicSmith and I must say the two items complement each other nicely!

There's also a really nice coin through bag or even signed coin through bag effect that can be done with Big Bang. This penetration can be done in super slow motion and is guaranteed to wow your spectators.

Lightning is really a utility device that can be used for a number of other effects. I won't say too much about this so as not to give away its secret workings, but the included Video CD provides you with three other routines and many other ideas are possible using this utility device. As mentioned earlier in a previous post there are some angle issues with lightning, so you will want to ensure your audience has a head-on view when you perform this effect.

Highly Recommended!

** Bill **
MagiAndrew
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of MagiAndrew
Regarding the use of Mesika's Exploding Bulb in conjunction with Lightning:

A previous post mentioned a small angle issue with Lightning. There are also minor angle issues with Mesika's Exploding Bulb. If someone owns both could you please weigh in on the practicality of combining these effects?

Thanks.

-Andrew
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
- Is the bulb examinable at any point?
- Is it glass?
- Is the cap at the bottom metal?
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3630 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2008-07-09 07:21, Tom Lauten wrote:
- Is the bulb examinable at any point?
- Is it glass?
- Is the cap at the bottom metal?

its a ordinary un-gaffed light bulb, so yes unless your buying some strange bulbs
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
Ahhhhhhhh...with you, ok that's a cool idea.

Oh be still my aching bank account.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
Gabor
View Profile
Veteran user
Pécel, Hungary
367 Posts

Profile of Gabor
I've just found this one. Maybe some of you are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXiM9XYJ7-Q
http://www.jimmyfingers.com/enlightened.htm
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
I definitely prefer the flickering effect that is programmed into the MagicSmith Lightning gimmick, it seems more realistic than the Enlightened effect.

** Bill **
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of kadz
Hey guys, posted this at another thread but was wondering if you guys can help me out with a few questions here

Does this work on ANY light bulb?
what about energy saving lightbulbs? like these ones

http://images.google.com.au/images?q=ene......N&tab=wi

the light bulbs shown in the demo are the traditional rounded type...wondering if it can work with different shapes and types.

Another Q is must the lightbulb be detached? Can this trick work if the bulb is still fixed inside a table lamp?
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
I doubt it would work on those energy saving bulbs you posted the link to. The more flimsy the bulb the better the gaff works. A really tough glass would not work well.

The bulb needs to be inside the bag for the gaff to work properly so having the bulb still fixed inside a table lamp would not work.

Hope that helps!

** Bill **
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
213 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
Kadz,
I'm unsure of the toxicity level, but another thing to be cautious of is that many of those energy-saving bulbs contain mercury. Best not to try.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1258 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Received this last week, first of all batteries where empty (but HP send me two new ones immediately!)

Thumbs up:
Light flickers
Easy timing function

Thumbs down:
The color of the light is very unnatural (bleu) the cold color
You need to use extra large bulbs to hide the gimmick...
It can´t be used surrounded…
The sticky stuff is not handy to work whit

I would not recommend this…

Best,
John
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
I've always used normal everyday light bulbs. Never had to go with oversized bulbs.

There is a tip on the DVD to use a mixture of half normal putty with half of the super sticky putty which should give you just the right amount of adhesive quality without being too sticky.

Cheers!

** Bill **
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of kadz
Putty? hang on...does this trick come with everything needed or do I still need to go out and buy some stuff and construct the gimmick?
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
2999 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
It comes with everything you need.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lightning - from Magicsmith (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL