The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Taking care of nails for human blockhead (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Dude... did you read a thing I just said??
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Whoooosh!!! (piece of paper flittering down the highway)
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

I like this.... I am getting a serious post number boost with this crap.... I will be in the "Inner Circle" anytime soon!

Whooooosh!
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

I also notice how you're doing this pi$$ing contest to see who gets the last word.

Whoooooooooooosh!! You have now turned into an empty styrofoam cup once used as an ashtray.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Of course I am also ignoring my own advise about not arguing with an idiot.... I always lose and risk being confused with who I am arguing with.

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!!
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Oh, and Erik... check your pulse. I assume by the gross amount of spelling and grammar errors that this is increasing your heart rate and blood pressure. I on the other hand do not have shakey hands while typing.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooosh!!!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4395 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Shoot if speeling is anythgint to do with pulse myne moost be in the larte 90s may be even over 100?

Nips just to add .......

as a microbiologist (althogh I have grown recently .... groan) and a cahrtered member of the institute of biology and teacher of science - I have to say that you are right here - going on true defenitions of words (and not what some snot noes twit has put in to wikipedia (i edited it once to say I was hte best thing since sliced bread! Must be true then!) Antibacterial and sterile are NOT interechangeable. And antibacterial has several meanings - you can get bacteriostatic and bacteriocydal. But if saliva was an uber antibacteria and killed off all the bacteria there would be less need for acid in our stomachs.

What saliva does have is antibodies. But again not useful outside the body!

Saying that I still lick my nails .... I'm trying to give up biting them adn a lick every now and hten keeps me going Smile

I like kens ide of keeping em in foam - it keeps em clean and organised as well! I can take them out of my case and offer htem to a volenteer ready to go - no problems - easy peasy adn then it goes back in the foam so I know I aint lost it and ready for next gig.

IN terms of after show - of if you dry them fully - not oly wil it slow rust down (happens fastewr in precensce of water). But the one thing that will kill ALL vegetative bacterial cells (notice I am careful with my workding because of bacillus sterothermophylus and other spore forming bacetria) is descication. that's lack of water Ken Smile not htat you would know anythign about that being an ex plummer Smile one of the best ways to kill bacetia is dry them out - the need water to survive without it they die.

Although as nips said earlier autocalving is great for steralizing (removal of ALL bacetia and other forms of lif).

Question nips if a nail is infected with a small animal - say a dog or a cat - will autocalving get rid of the dog as well? can it be surved up after? Mmmmmm steamed dog.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Depends on what part of Chinatown you are in
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3608 Posts

Profile of Kondini
OK to clarify,,,stick nails in cavity B.U.M. then lick nails before pushing into smaller cavity.

Take applause, then lick nails clean.

Replace in foam.

Then spew up,,,,, this clears all the nasty bugs out of the system for sure.

For the serious pro,,,who likes his nails warmed up,,,then dip in the sick and carry on as directed above.

Didn`t meen to divulge these secrets on a pubic Forum but there ya go.

Ken.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4395 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ken .....

remember we are talking to Yanks! we may need to drop it down a level or 10.

May be we shoudl explain that Spew means the same as:-

Blow chinks,
throw up,
sick up
be sick

or to put it neatly vomit!
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Sometimes here in US we refer to it as:

Driving the porcelain bus
The technicolor yawn
Talking to Ralph
Talking to Earl (hurl)
and yes, we say "spew" as well.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Um ... it's blow CHUNKS, not chinks ... but if you are vulgar AND racist, blowing chinks can lead this conversation into an entirely new toilet bowl ...

At the risk of opening a new can of worms, what's wrong with simply wiping the nails with alcohol (which, in my case, would make the saliva argument moot)?
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

As a blacksmith and "metalculturalist", it's not good for the steel. Common nails are made of low grade mild steel. It rusts real fast, so wiping with alcohol strips the surface oils (from handling, etc) exposing the metal to get oxidized more rapidly. This is why I started making stainless nails for the sideshow industry as you can pretty much do anything to them and they won't rust (on their own). It's all in the steel, I use 316L steel. Put THAT in a search engine, you'll be amazed at how much the steel is used for its anti-corrosive qualities.

I'm in the process of putting together a page for everyone to order items. It's
http://greatnippulini.com/sideshow.html
It'll be ready by 6:00 PM EST
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2008-06-18 00:04, Stephon wrote:
Of course, none of this means that it necessarily has any effect on bacteria outside of the oral cavity. . .
It appears science has answered this question.

A report has come out of the Netherlands identifying the component of saliva that aids in healing. An article about it is here.

The relevant quote is, "Specifically, scientists found that histatin, a small protein in saliva previously only believed to kill bacteria was responsible for the healing."

It also appears that it does not have to be your own saliva, but that anyone's saliva is both antibacterial and curative.

However, this still does not address such factors as time and environment as related to using spit to clean your nails.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5108 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
So, we should get an audience member to run our nails around in their mouth.

I thought that public sharing of bodily fluids was generally frowned upon, in this day and age. But what do I know about polite society?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2008-07-26 15:17, Harley Newman wrote:
So, we should get an audience member to run our nails around in their mouth.

Only after we use them.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4395 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin

so if we get a cut we should get eveyone in teh area to spit on us? Smile Ewhhh

I agree with stephon though - get the specs to clean our nails after we used them...... I am sure we wont getany voleneteers!

But you could offer 14 pounds ....... and give them a stone. (oviously don't work in america).
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I like bullies less than know it alls.

Buy cheap nails at the hardware store and have them chromed for fifty cents then give them away to prove they are real. Don't buy expensive nails that you worry about losing unless you want to put the nails on display and not yourself.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
807 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Quote:
On 2008-06-17 17:15, erikkloeker wrote:
Nippulini,

I'm not seeing where you are going with this... I'm glad you have a decade of experience piercing... I'm not coming from that background. I am coming from the background of common sense and a working performer who performs the stunt in question over a 1000 times a year. That being said I do believe I am qualified, regardless my age, to comment, give suggestions, or even teach (which I don't) the stunt in question. Furthermore what I am saying is not as you put it "WAY inaccurate info" I have infact said absolutely nothing inaccurate. I don't understand how you can sit there and say that Saliva "in your professional opinion" has is not antibacterial, when I just stated that Saliva DOES have antibacterial agents in it and gave you those specific antibacterial agents.

You need to check your information. If anything licking the nail is just going to add more bacteria to it. Just because you haven't gotten sick doing the stunt doesn't mean it's because your saliva sterilized the nail. A doctor would have a fit if somebody tried to sterilize a needle or any other surface for that matter with saliva.
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
I'm not sure who you are "Maestro" but if you knew anything about the human blockhead act, you would know that it is common practice to lick the nail before insertion for lubrication purposes. Furthermore when done by a professional the nail does not cause bleeding or enter the bloodstream therefore the blockhead instrument does not necessarily have to be as sterile as an instrument used by a piercer. Also the Nasal Cavity is connected to the mouth and throat therefore much of the same bacteria is present in both locations. I don't understand why this has become such a heated issue, I am not discouraging anyone from sterilizing their blockhead instruments, only pointing out that it is not always practical to sterilize before and after each insertion therefore licking the nail helps keep the nail clean.
Apparently you did not read the article Stephon posted maestro?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Taking care of nails for human blockhead (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL