The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reel Magic Quarterly #5 Thomsoni on the Cover (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
This is a great issue.
The interview with Gregory Wilson is GOLD! Listen closely about how he approaches his "patter" and how it relates to a conversational style.

This can help anyone that doesn't know and can reinforce and remind even those that do.

Too many beginners (and many pros) sound very contrived. They sound like they are "pattering" which is distracting, annoying, and embarrassing.

Learn how to stop sounding like that. Learn how to involve the audience. Get the issue. Or better yet, sign up for a subscription. Great lesson for a few bucks.

Or you could get a different and more expensive DVD and just learn the secrets to more tricks. *snort*

http://www.kozmomagic.com

Kozmo, if you're reading this... good job!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I agree, I just watched the interview again with Gregory Wilson ..( 3 time now ) and the Johnny Thompson for the second... These Reel Magic Magazine DVD's are excellent. Can't wait for Vol 6...Koz any hint yet of what the next volume will have for us?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-06-13 17:32, shomemagic wrote:
I agree, I just watched the interview again with Gregory Wilson ..( 3 time now ) and the Johnny Thompson for the second... These Reel Magic Magazine DVD's are excellent. Can't wait for Vol 6...Koz any hint yet of what the next volume will have for us?

Volume 6 is me reading favorite bible passages for 2 hrs. I beleive it will the best issue yet!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Quote:
Volume 6 is me reading favorite bible passages for 2 hrs. I beleive it will the best issue yet!

AMEN Brother..thats not all bad!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I was reading my bible this morning and agree, it ain't a bad idea! There's magic in THE book, I tell ya!

Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Quote:
On 2008-06-13 17:32, shomemagic wrote:

Well, I'm thinking the other part of the Johnny Thompson interview for one thing. . .
What would Wavy do?
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2008-06-13 17:15, Frank Starsini wrote:
This is a great issue.
The interview with Gregory Wilson is GOLD! Listen closely about how he approaches his "patter" and how it relates to a conversational style.

This can help anyone that doesn't know and can reinforce and remind even those that do.

Too many beginners (and many pros) sound very contrived. They sound like they are "pattering" which is distracting, annoying, and embarrassing.

Learn how to stop sounding like that. Learn how to involve the audience. Get the issue. Or better yet, sign up for a subscription. Great lesson for a few bucks.

Or you could get a different and more expensive DVD and just learn the secrets to more tricks. *snort*

http://www.kozmomagic.com

Kozmo, if you're reading this... good job!

I couldn't agree more.

Robert
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The second half of the johnny thompson interview....and dean dill is on the cover and I interview him while hes cutting my hair! very cool! talks about being on carson...its great....dean is just the nicest guy

we added reed mckintock and look for some great additions in the near future....

koz
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'd pay $100 to hear Dean's thoughts about being on the Tonight Show.

Koz, you've improved the magic world with Kozmo Magic and Reel Magic!

shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
When will vol 6 be up on the site to pre order? I can't hardly wait. When is it due out? What does Dean charge for a haircut?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Just buy a subscription...its not going to get any worse and trust me...were here to stay....

it comes out august 1.....then the next is october 1 and BOY! we have sone great stuff planned GREAT! nothing like this has ever been done in magic before some of the things that's going to happen at the end of this year...october and december issues going to be KILLER
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2008-06-14 00:58, tedb wrote:
Just buy a subscription...its not going to get any worse and trust me...were here to stay....

Truly, anyone not already subscribing is missing out. Koz, you should think about offering multi-year subscriptions. I'll be first in line. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reel Magic Quarterly #5 Thomsoni on the Cover (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL