The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Close Up Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
I was wondering if there is a website that sells Magic accessories in the way of close up tables. If I am at someones kitchen table they don't always have a smooth surface. So, is there a website with small magic tables? Ones with no legs or stands? Did any of you ever build one or made one? Thank you
§kitch
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
Skitch,

there is a guy is South Carolina that does beatiful work. As soon as I get home I will look for his address.
He makes the tables out of oak and they are reasonably priced.
Magicrma
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
101 Posts

Profile of Magicrma
If all you're worried about is the table surface try a mat, it's lighter. Some of the cases that change into performing close up tables take up a lot more room then you might need.

MagicRMA
"The art of Illusion is at least 95% applied psychology" Henning Nelms (Magic & Showmanship)
<BR>
<BR>MagicRMA
<BR>Majicrma@msn.com
tglund
View Profile
Regular user
Broomfield, CO, USA
115 Posts

Profile of tglund
If all you are worried about is the surface, then a close up pad is your best bet, as MagicRMA has suggested. If you would like to make a table, you could use a piece of plywood or a large plastic cutting board with some velvet glued to the surface.

You can finish the edges with some fringe, purchased from a craft store, or L-shaped aluminum stock, which you can get at Home Depot. I have used this along with a symbol stand for the legs to make a nice side table.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Close Up Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL