The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Framing a Flea Circus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trey
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of trey
I just got the How To Make A Flea Circus by Walt Noon. I am going to start building at once. I want to do a few modifications. And I want to do a few special acts. Has anyone here built from this package?
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
I have. I would be glad to discuss the details privately via email (drwilson@memoryelixir.com). Please see:

http://www.memoryelixir.com/fleacircus/fleacircus.html

Major modifications:

1. No pyro for the cannon; air pressure and baby powder smoke.

2. No ladder for high dive; cannon shoots flea into pool.

3. Motion of small prop in circus ring (a block) not done using Noon's method, but rather a magician's animation technique.

What special acts are you considering?

Yours,

Paul
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4381 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
So does htis flea circus thng pack flat? How long does it take to make one of these? loks like a great little project to me!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
The first thing to decide is the size of the audience that you will play to. If you wanted to do close-up, you could build a flea circus the size of a cigar box that would pack almost flat. If you want to build one that will play in a parlor setting (as I have), it will not pack flat, but you will be able to transport it easily in an economy car. If you want to play the stage, as Adam Gertsacov has, you are going to be hauling around cases of junk in a van or a truck or something. I know that sounds crazy, how big are fleas? Trust me on this.

How long will it take to build one? Well, what do you know how to make? What have you made before?

Make a generous estimate of the amount of time that it will take to build it, then triple that estimate. About the time that you have reached that point, you will have a box of failed prototypes and a new respect for every professor of pulicology who has ever trod the boards. Good luck!

Yours,

Paul
georgethegiant
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of georgethegiant
I'm working on one that one of the fleas does a fire blast.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
George!!!

Great job on AGT, you're the only reason I'm actually watching it.

Also hoping your serious on the fire breathing flea, sounds awesome.

Danny B.
georgethegiant
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

I'm working on the plat form so it's held in the hands, the mini torch is set in front of the flea plat form, then all of a sudden a flame shoots off the platform.
Allot of tests but I think I know where I'm going with this.
And thanks for watching. Didn't want to do the show, but was talked into it by a few people.
GEORGE Mc
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of trey
Are you going to use dragons breath?

Trey
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
You could do an easy set up with a Bic lighter, let the gas build up, then ignite it for a small "POOF!". Make sure you don't burn the little guys though.

And I welcome you to this DG, George. Last time I saw you, you were doing Big Fish.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
georgethegiant
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Nip, very close how it's going to work. All drawn up, need time to work on it, been doing allot of shows in a small amount of time. Can't wait to start on the flea circus, always wanted one, and decided it was the time to do so.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

If you need any fabricated metal parts, let me know. Also, make sure no dogs or cats come up and steal the show.

Sorry, I had to.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Martin Duffy
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Martin Duffy
I have had three different Flea Circuses by three different makers
None of them were up to scratch...SORRY!
Then I discovered Svensons - and got the worldwide sales rights
We market Cigar Box versions in genuine old boxes and larger Mossman sizes in luggage trunks
See http://www.yourfleacircus.com

Regards

Martin

John Archer said "Martin showed me his Flea Circus and I have been scratching my head ever since

Charlie Frye said "These are by far, the mite-iest Flea Circuses I have ever seen. Nothing lousy about it."
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yes, Martin has access to the Worlds Finest Flea Circus without a doubt.
I have been involved and used two of the Svensons, a standard Mossman and a purpose made Giant version.

The ease of working and standard of craftmanship coupled with the high glossed finish make this an all around dream,,,,,with the controls identical on each model making the working easy to remember.

Of note,,,, the remote method of cannon fire,,,works,,,every time,,,,to replace any of the mechanics is also simple,,,,,set up is one minet and the whole lot comes and works out of it`s own case.

With options of handpainted or stick on backdrops (I have both) These really are the Rolls Royce of Circus.

Not cheap,,,,but you do get what you pay for,,,and to note the models we purchased paid for themselves after only four outings.

How I use it >>>>>> As a come on for the Zibb (If not doing the standard act) In private houses (Adults & Kids) Shopping centres (They pay very well over the Xmas period,, and we have three weeks work lined up already) Themed events (Work out of 10x10 Popup, take a few signs,all packs in a car!!) One day & Part day gigs.

Highly endorsed,,,by the Great One (Me).
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Ahhhh... you confused me, as I am referred to as the Great NIPPLED One.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Thought you were the Great Crippled One !!!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4381 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Or even the great crippled nippled one
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Framing a Flea Circus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL