We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ben Stein interviewed on BNN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..14~15~16 [Next]
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 14:04, Dannydoyle wrote:
Same arguements different day.

Indeed, which is why this thread won't make it past the weekend. Especially if you know who comes in here and starts pushing you know what around. Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Btw, An Inconvenient Truth made its $24 million in over 5 months; Expelled has been out about 2 months.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20658 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 14:28, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 14:04, Dannydoyle wrote:
Same arguements different day.

Indeed, which is why this thread won't make it past the weekend. Especially if you know who comes in here and starts pushing you know what around. Smile

I like the way you say that but you are just as adamant and just as unyeilding and just as agenda driven as "you know who". Your lack of religion IS A RELIGION and it is just as obvious an agenda LOL. Oh wait Smile . There that fixes it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
POW

Oomph!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20658 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Justin I put a smiley face didn't I?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 14:31, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Btw, An Inconvenient Truth made its $24 million in over 5 months; Expelled has been out about 2 months.

And is now gone out of all theatres and has been now for several weeks. So it looks as if seven and a half million is all its going to make. At least until the DVD comes out.

They are talking about a Canadian and European release. But since none of these locals have any interest in degrading their science curriculum by allowing pseudo science to be taught I doubt there would be much of an audience for the picture.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
ZOWIE!

BONK!
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 14:46, Dannydoyle wrote:

I like the way you say that but you are just as adamant and just as unyeilding and just as agenda driven as "you know who". Your lack of religion IS A RELIGION and it is just as obvious an agenda LOL. Oh wait Smile . There that fixes it.

Quite true, the only difference being that I'm right Smile

Remember, We have all the Fossils so we win Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 16:38, Justin Style wrote:
ZOWIE!

BONK!

Glad to see your giving all the commentary this lame, and soon to be deleted thread deserves.

Bob and Weave, Bob and Weave
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The earth was created last Tuesday, complete with fossils & memories.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20658 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 16:43, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 16:38, Justin Style wrote:
ZOWIE!

BONK!

Glad to see your giving all the commentary this lame, and soon to be deleted thread deserves.

Bob and Weave, Bob and Weave

This is exactly what I mean. You just get mean for no reason dude? You can have an opinion that is divergent from others, and not be so smug superior and biggoted about it can't you?

Man you just call names, make accusations and come off really angry. Oddly enough pretty much like someone else we all know LOL. Then again religion gets people like that now doens't it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 17:54, Dannydoyle wrote:

This is exactly what I mean. You just get mean for no reason dude? You can have an opinion that is divergent from others, and not be so smug superior and biggoted about it can't you?

Man you just call names, make accusations and come off really angry. Oddly enough pretty much like someone else we all know LOL. Then again religion gets people like that now doens't it?

Gee, I thought I was being acerbic, sarcastic and curmudgeonly. As for being mean, as I tell my co-workers "It's not if I treat you badly, it's if I treat anyone else better". As for superior, Well, when you're as smart as I am it's hard to be Humble Smile

Also in case you don't understand the little smiley faces or Smile means I"M KIDDING!!!

Unlike some others here who haven't a sense of humour and really believe the Flintstones are a documentary.

Besides the only person I was treating badly here was Mr. Stein -- Who I used to sort of like until he got talked into making a silly movie about a subject he knew nothing about.

And I wasn't even defaming Mr. Stein, just his poorly conceived and attended movie that made barely a ripple in the collective consciousness. So you've no reason to get so upset about it unless you're somehow related to him. Are you?

I'm really sort of surprised he is still giving interviews as the movie is long gone so it's not like it's going to help out the Bow Office any. Perhaps the DVD is coming out soon and he's trying to get the two people who saw the film to buy copies of it as well.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20658 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea bitter you are thanks for pointing that out.

I mean really why not just debate issues without name calling and bs? Oh wait Lobo reminded me, sorry. My bad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 18:13, Payne wrote:
Also in case you don't understand the little smiley faces or Smile means I"M KIDDING!!!

So when you followed up the comment that Mr. Stein is wrong with a smiley, that means you were kidding? I totally misinterpreted it to mean you actually thought it was wrong.

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I thought smileys meant something more akin to "I absolutely believe what I just said, but I reserve the right to hedge, dance around, disavow, or back away from this statement if it offends someone, annoys someone, or I get called out for saying this." Smile

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I wasn't going to post again in this thread, but then I saw this story and thought of you all:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=......rticle=1
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 18:30, balducci wrote:
I wasn't going to post again in this thread, but then I saw this story and thought of you all:

Gee we were all just having lots of fun playing with each other in here and now you got to get all serious by posting this.

Killjoy.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20658 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 18:41, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 18:30, balducci wrote:

Gee we were all just having lots of fun playing with each other in here and now you got to get all serious by posting this.

Killjoy.

Dude you disapointe me! BUT for once I get to beat you to a joke! (take that) I bet more people have viewed this thread than Ben's movie! Cmon! CMON!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 18:16, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yea bitter you are thanks for pointing that out.

I mean really why not just debate issues without name calling and bs? Oh wait Lobo reminded me, sorry. My bad.

You're still not paying attention. The Debate is over. It took place a few years back in Dover and the folks in Steins camp lost big time. Find out about it here

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/

Really you need to keep up with current affairs.

Now if the the losing side has found new data to support their claims they should submit them through the proper scientific channels for review. But so far all we can hear from the creationist camp is the chirping of crickets. Well that's not entirely true. Mostly what we hear is them whining because no one takes their claims unsubstantiated claims seriously.

BTW I'm not at all bitter. Just giving ID proponents all the respect their due Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20658 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What about my joke. CMAAANN!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ben Stein interviewed on BNN (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL