We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ben Stein interviewed on BNN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
...I'm laughing!

BANG! ZOOM!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Good at least the joke got across LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Now we need to get Rosie O'Donel and Hillary Clinton's names into this.

BTW Wasn't intelligent design almost wiped out by Sadam's weapons of mass distruction?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
A couple of minor comments.

The bald-headed guy interviewing Ben Stein, the one on-screen to the right of Ben, in the video at the link I posted is Kevin O'Leary.

I knew he was a rich guy, an angel investor, but I didn't realise just how rich until I looked him up this afternoon. Turns out the guy sold his software company 'The Learning Company' to Mattel for $3.7 billion a few years back.

If he's so successful and supposedly so smart, I wish he would have done a better job with the interview.

The other thing I learned today about Expelled was that it was financed by Walt Ruloff, an evangelical software millionaire from Vancouver. So it appears you can 'Blame Canada' for that movie.

:)

http://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com/......spiracy/

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news......745ef9bd
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I blame folks who can't take a joke.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I don't blame anyone, I applaud them all however rich, successful or lucky they may be.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
And in other news, a survey of over 30,000 people finds that 20% of self-identified atheists believe in God. Things that make you go...HUH?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg......AKBJ.DTL
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mud
View Profile
New user
Western NY
66 Posts

Profile of mud
Quote:
On 2008-06-24 18:05, LobowolfXXX wrote:
And in other news, a survey of over 30,000 people finds that 20% of self-identified atheists believe in God. Things that make you go...HUH?

There's either something way wrong with that survey, or more people than I thought have no idea what 'atheism' means (or a lot of people like lying on surveys, take your pick).

Either way, further proof that most surveys are useless.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Actually, if you want something really scary ... look at the premise that science can do without hypotheses, testing and even peer review as on could just as well let heuristics loose on the data and evolve rules which describe the data and predict new findings.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2008-06-25 20:50, mud wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-24 18:05, LobowolfXXX wrote:

There's either something way wrong with that survey, or more people than I thought have no idea what 'atheism' means (or a lot of people like lying on surveys, take your pick).

Either way, further proof that most surveys are useless.

How do you figure? Did you read the article? The fact that 21% of self-defined atheists believe in God DOES tell you something useful ... just not what you were expecting.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It does indeed tell you something of value LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Of course I believe in God, just not the particular version some want me to.
I'm happy God is sleeping and I hope the stars don't line up during my lifetime but I've been faithful so I expect to be eaten first.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1390 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Payne, the debate is far from over. Darwinists are, quite frankly, on shaky ground, and they know it. And many freely admit it. The fossil record is a very weak support to fall back on for Darwinists. In fact, it hurts them more than it helps them.

Darwin himself said "If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down."

This has been demonstrated in the microbiological world. A world that Darwin himself could not observe.
It's all in the reflexes.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I'm THRILLED to have this thread resurrected. Thanks! Illucifer, have a beer:

:coffee:
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

I would not know about "Darwinists". I do feel however that a "designer" who's designed and set loose so many species which have gone extinct seems remarkably cruel or worse - incompetent. And so on this matter I have to side with a preference for the random over the willful bordering on evil.

This of course does not in any way invalidate a claim that the world came into existence just last tuesday with all the things and people and their memories brought in by design... or just a moment ago.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2008-09-20 12:39, Illucifer wrote:

Darwin himself said "If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down."

This has been demonstrated in the microbiological world.

I've yet to hear or read of any verifiable examples of this. Indeed, every such 'example' that has ever been brought to my attention appears to have been either inconclusive or later verified as false.

So if you have a good example, please share it.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 14:28, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 14:04, Dannydoyle wrote:
Same arguements different day.

Indeed, which is why this thread won't make it past the weekend. Especially if you know who comes in here and starts pushing you know what around. Smile

Yes, I know what you mean about Payne.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-09-20 12:39, Illucifer wrote:
Payne, the debate is far from over. Darwinists are, quite frankly, on shaky ground, and they know it. And many freely admit it. The fossil record is a very weak support to fall back on for Darwinists. In fact, it hurts them more than it helps them.

Citations please. Or is this just your opinion? Please direct me to the references you have that show that the fossil record is looked upon by "Darwinists" (whatever those are) as being weak or that it hurts them more than it helps.
Just because you read something on a Fundy website doesn't make it true.
The fundamentals of evolutionary theory have been proven beyond any reasonable doubt.

Quote:

This has been demonstrated in the microbiological world. A world that Darwin himself could not observe.

Ahh, the old canard of irreducible complexity. Pretty much has been proven to be false. See the Dover Trial transcripts for a complete refutation of it. It's really important to keep up with the journals.

Here, look at this as it explains modern evolutionary theory quite nicely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w57_P9DZJ
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Link don't work.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ben Stein interviewed on BNN (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL