The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Retention Vanish to Edge Grip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dcoins
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of dcoins
Thanks to everyone about my edge grip question last week. Now, while I feel comfortable with the positioning of the coin in grip, I am having a lot of trouble with the retention vanish to edge grip taught by Kainoa Harbottle in "Coins on Edge". While I'm following his instructions in the book, I am not making any progress on this even though I am not yet focusing on speed or rhythm. I was wondering if anyone knows if Kaino shows this move on any video or dvd so I can get a feel for the timing and motions.

Thanks again.

D
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
He shows it on coinvention I think.

really thought its much simpler then you think.

basically if you do a retention pass ala - david Williamson

then ride the finger to position.
dcoins
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of dcoins
My problem has been the time it's taking actually going from the second fingertip into the edge grip. Seems to be taking too long.

I'll check Coinvention.

Thanks a lot.

David
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
If it's taking too long, follow Roger Klause's advice and break it into multiple moves that can be done when their's cover. Do the retention but leave the coin clipped until you move your hand to pick up a coin or do some other covering action and move it into full edge grip then.

Dave
dcoins
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of dcoins
Great advice! Thanks. Will work on that.

D
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
David pm me with e mail address ill send a demo of my rice krispies vanish to edge grip ,has a very nice retention and burn,,,, and ui will teach it

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I have to support vinny's reccomendation in checking out his rice krispies vanish, it looks fair and I was convinced it was a complete vanish at first. vinny's vanish also is easily able to go into edge grip too as is many of his crimp techniques, ask vinny to send you some demo videos his material. it is to me as revolutionary as mr. harbottle's edge grip work and ive used it in the real world with great results.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How is your retention pass to start with?
Are you okay with the Schneider sweep vanish move?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
etawil
View Profile
New user
New York
64 Posts

Profile of etawil
My normal retention is ok. Still practicing it a lot. When you say the Schneider sweep vanish, I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'm familiar with Schneider Vanish and the Schneider Classic Vanish.

Thanks.

D
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Have a look in Al Schneider on Coins - it's a fingertips to clip sweeping action which as VERY close to where you need to be to roll a coin into EG.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
dcoins
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of dcoins
Thanks. Will check it out. Appreciate all the help from everyone. Back to practice and study.

David
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
Al Schneider's vanish might also be called the "Snap Back Vanish," just in case you're having trouble locating it.

-Travis

P.S. It's also described in a recent Genii magazine in the issue where he explains his coins through sheer silk effect, "Osmosis." Don't recall the exact issue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Retention Vanish to Edge Grip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL