We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cell phone on your belt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I was in the local convience store the other day trying to figure out why a man would attach a cell phone to his belt when I saw a man with two cell phones on his belt. Have the geeks taken over, and that blue tooth thingy is just giving up all dignity, and self respect. I have no question here other than the statement that there are a lot of shameless jerks at the convience store near my house in the morning.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I was in Woolworths when a gentleman was showing off his superiority and importance by barking orders to the manager of one of his businesses very loudly.

Every so often he glanced round to check everyone in earshot was suitably impressed by comments like 'I have a manager in each of my 6 businesses yet I spend my day having to run those businesses myself. Just do things how I would - you know that never fails.'

The conversation finished when the phone rang while he was in mid sentence.

Destiny
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
In California, come July, cell phone users will be required to use a bluetooth (or other hands-free device) if they want to talk on the phone while driving.

I don't care either way, but I'm sure we'll soon be seeing more people wearing a bluetooth in each ear. Hey, you too can have a conference call between your ears!

-Erik
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Doubt it!

That law is in effect here but yet, there are still TONS of people driving holding a phone to their head!

But Al, Belts!?

I got a super belt; It holds my two cell phones, garage door opener, TV remote controll, iPod, GPS system and my Swiss Army knife!

hey now...
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Our government collects a fortune from people caught talking on their handhelds while driving but apparently studies show the distraction is just as dangerous with hands free.

I haven't been caught yet so the eyesight requirements for our traffic police must be quite low.

Destiny
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Justin's right- the utility belt's the only way to go.

At least until we get "Deus Ex"-style multi-tools.

-Erik

(My geek is showing.)

Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Al,

Submit to technology. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Although, I kinda agree on this point, two phones are a bit much...

Lyndel
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I have 3 - 1 private and 2 business but I never let anyone see I have more than 1 - not good at home when all 3 and the landline decide to ring at once.

Destiny
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I don't have one. I had one for about 7 years, it sat at home on the charger all the time.

Tony
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
When those blue tooth thingies go off does your head start vibrating?

Lyndel
I have a cell phone but only my sweety, my daughter, and several agents have my number.

Justin
Only Bat Man has more gadgets on his belt than you.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Cell phone on you belt= not cool

and I am cool
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Anyone remeber the math and engineer nerds with their slide rules (OK, so I had/have one too)?
the blue tooth ear phone thingys kind of remind me of "7 of 9" on Star Trek (although it did look good on her).
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
How about eating in a restaurant while wearing a blue tooth ear piece?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5179 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Here in New Jersey, they just recently passed a law prohibiting driving while talking on a hand held cell phone. Too much of a distraction but not many people follow the law. There aren't enough cops on the road to stop everyone.

Strange law though. You can't use a hand held cell phone but it's ok for a woman to apply makeup and a man to shave. It's also ok to read something while driving.

I passed a car the other day and the driver was applying makeup with one hand and had a cigarette in the other. No hands on the wheel and this was on the highway. That seems to ok.

Back on topic, cells phones on a belt are common here. Most guys don't like to cary them in their pockets and the belt is convenient.
Where the magic begins
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I did have three cell phones...one personal with my Little Rock number, one personal with my Memphis number, and one business. I loaned by personal-Memphis phone to my sister, and she lost it (fortunately it was a pay as you go phone so when whoever got it ran out the minutes, all I was out was twenty bucks for the phone). Business phone I had to turn back in when it was determined that I didn't fit in with the company. So, now I'm down to just my Little Rock line. I have a bluetooth thingy, but I think I'm unusual in how I use it. I don't affix it to my ear and leave it there. I turn it on, and when it rings, I'll attach it and answer. I usually put my phone in my pocket...which can prove interesting when I forget it's in my pocket and I'm in the car and it rings!
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Margarette
You are just a slave to technology. Justin carries a TV remote, ipod, garage door opener, and a GPS on his belt, he is my hero.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I'm not sure if it is legal to drive and talk on your cell ph in Nevada I thought there was a law against it, but just this past week I had seen an on duty Las Vegas police officer on her cell phone while driving. It was obvious that the call was not duty related as well. Just proves that some police officers are not very good drivers at all either. Nor do some have any type of working brain matter.

Randy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 22:00, Dave Scribner wrote:
Here in New Jersey, they just recently passed a law prohibiting driving while talking on a hand held cell phone. Too much of a distraction but not many people follow the law. There aren't enough cops on the road to stop everyone.

Strange law though. You can't use a hand held cell phone but it's ok for a woman to apply makeup and a man to shave. It's also ok to read something while driving.

I passed a car the other day and the driver was applying makeup with one hand and had a cigarette in the other. No hands on the wheel and this was on the highway. That seems to ok.

Back on topic, cells phones on a belt are common here. Most guys don't like to cary them in their pockets and the belt is convenient.

Actually it's not. I think it's considerned "driving to endanger" although why that doesn't fit in with cell phones so they need a special law is beyond me.

I had a cell phone belt holder once. My cell phone slipped out of it and I never saw it again.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Actually, the CA law is weird in that it doesn't allow you to talk on a hand-held cell phone- but you can text-message to your heart's desire!

Seriously!

rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Why aren't there also laws against talking to the passengers in your car?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cell phone on your belt (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL