We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Tribute puppets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I know I'm never gonna go pro with ventriloquism. Its jus a really fun hobby. as most of you know, I've always had problems with finding the right character. Also, I don't do too many kids shows So I cant be like some here with so many great figures. I'll jus be buying dust collectors if I do. I was thinking, of getting a wooden dummy that's almost commercial. I'm talking about classic dummies like Charlie, Danny O day, Mortimer, or Howdy.

Does anyone here use these classics in your shows?? Throw things.com offers great packages and even Lovik's puppets (if I'm not wrong) as pro dummies. I dun know if I'm willing to pay so much for a pro dummy as I'm not doin vent much. What would you think of perhaps buying a Charlie Macarthy doll and adding different costumes, as a totally different character?? would you do this?
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
HELLO?!?!? anyone with advice?
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Kyle,
You get what you pay for - sometimes. Unless you have a headstick, you won't be able to manipulate the figure. A pull string doll won't cut it in performance. Why not save the money and create a sock puppet?
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Tribute puppets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.39 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL