The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shrinker video...anyone??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
I know it has been discuss a lot but I have never seen video of shrinker from Andrew Mayne apart his dark demo. Does someone has another video of it that will do justice to the effect?

Johnny
chias
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of chias
Yea was wondering whether there was a proper video that can show all angles, if possible?
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Just get his dvd and you will see all the angles and clearer videos of it.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Ok well... does anyone have ever perform it in front of an audience (not your brother or your girlfriend...). What was the reaction? I'm really intrigued by this one.

Johnny
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
This video sums it up for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7g8G9or_wc
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Good one Christopher...
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Ha!

Apparently this is an effect best done at night (with no moon).

Jim
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
The only good version of this visible shrinker effect is Peter Marvey's version but his version is not for sale!
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Do you own the effect? I don't want to know if you like it or not simply by watching it. I would really like to talk with somebody who has try the effect in front of an audience.

Johnny
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Johnny:

It's just my opinion, so....

Magicians are the biggest bunch of imitators on the planet. As soon as they see something "good", they all want to jump on it and do it. (I'm just as guilty). For example, how many of us open our shows with Kevin James Bowl-a-rama? Show your hands! I thought so. As for the Bowl-a-rama, you can find several videos online for it.

Now then, what I don't find are several videos of Shrinker. What I don't see is anyone speaking up who own this effect. That tells me that not very many people like this trick/illusion, which infers that it may not be a very practical/easy/effective/???/ routine to pull off.

What this looks like is a quick, throw away stunt that drunk people would do for their friends. There are obvious angle issues, and it is certainly nothing that you would perform on a stage or in a show.

This is nothing against the very creative Andrew Mayne. You can't knock them all out of the ball park.

Again, just my 2¢

Chris
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Quote:
On 2008-09-02 12:34, Christopher Starr wrote:
Johnny:

It's just my opinion, so....

Magicians are the biggest bunch of imitators on the planet. As soon as they see something "good", they all want to jump on it and do it. (I'm just as guilty). For example, how many of us open our shows with Kevin James Bowl-a-rama? Show your hands! I thought so. As for the Bowl-a-rama, you can find several videos online for it.

Now then, what I don't find are several videos of Shrinker. What I don't see is anyone speaking up who own this effect. That tells me that not very many people like this trick/illusion, which infers that it may not be a very practical/easy/effective/???/ routine to pull off.

What this looks like is a quick, throw away stunt that drunk people would do for their friends. There are obvious angle issues, and it is certainly nothing that you would perform on a stage or in a show.

This is nothing against the very creative Andrew Mayne. You can't knock them all out of the ball park.

Again, just my 2¢

Chris

Hum... I'm not sure what you want to mean. I'm asking for some help from people who actually own and rehearse the effect because I would like to get more info. I don't think that the effect is NOT good because there is no video on youtube. Maybe nobody have posted video of it... maybe they didn't get a chance to film there performance.
I'm sure that there is some issues to resolve with this trick... but... it is what magic is all about: magician's creativity.

So again, I would like to get more insight from someone who actually own, rehearse and maybe performe the effect... otherwise, I will contact Andrew himself.

Thanks again

Johnny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shrinker video...anyone??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL