The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Mirage Set by Craig Petty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Michael Jay
View Profile
Regular user
Toledo, Ohio
180 Posts

Profile of Michael Jay
Quote:
On 2008-07-09 12:14, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:
What is the skill level required for these effects, I am not really a coin guy....... great reviews by the way!!

Many of the handlings are a bit on the advanced side. If you are not afraid of putting in some time and practice, though, Craig goes into great depth in the teaching of the sleights needed so you have everything you need.

Quite often with sets like this, they expect you to know certain things, so they just teach you what they think is necessary. Not true with Craig's DVD - it assumes nothing. Craig goes well out of his way to ensure that you are taught every single sleight that you'll need for any given routine that is on the DVD.

So, if you're not afraid to learn something new and practice the material, even though you aren't a coin guy specifically, you'll still be able to learn and perform everything on this DVD without having to purchase anything else or look elsewhere to learn the sleights necessary.

Mike.
You can get the latest issues of Top Hat by clicking here.
Visit us on FaceBook by clicking here.
Michael Jay
View Profile
Regular user
Toledo, Ohio
180 Posts

Profile of Michael Jay
Geez, Craig, you beat me to it! We must have been posting at the same time.
You can get the latest issues of Top Hat by clicking here.
Visit us on FaceBook by clicking here.
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Hi all

Any plans for a UK coin set or do we need to get these made up ourselves? Whereabouts in Birmingham are you Craig - I'm Sutton Coldfield.

Regards to all.

Matt
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2008-07-09 16:32, Pauly Prestige wrote:
Im looking forward to meeting you Craig and checking out this coin set at the IBM/SAM convention. Hopefully I get a set before they sell out!
-Paul

Hey Paul,

I am looking forward to meeting as many Café members as possible. Please come on over and say Hi. If I can help anyone in any way I would be more than happy to do so.

Its funny I am working non stop at the moment getting as much work done as possible before Kentucky. The thing is every time I talk to World Magic Shop they tell me their coin guy is literally locked in a dark room chained to a desk working his butt off making as many Mirage Coin sets as possible. The problem is the pre orders for Mirage have been through the roof. As such we are trying to make enough sets to cover the pre orders and have enough for everyone at Kentucky. My advise for anyone interested in Mirage that is coming to Kentucky is come over and see us as soon as possible while the sets last (dear me that sounds like a bad sales pitch - that is honestly not my intention!!!)

Anyway, thanks for your interest Paul and don't forget to say Hello!

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2008-07-09 17:16, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
The trailer looked great. It's very close-up magic, so I think the half dollar size is fine.

Thanks Chris.

Our trailers for Flipped Out and Attack of the Bag could have been done better. Luckily we took all the comments on boards (including yours) and changed the trailer format totally for Mirage. So I am glad you like it! I think it shows exactly what you are getting.

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Just thought I would let everyone know that due to pre orders going through the roof we have limited amounts of MIRAGE for the IBM/SAM convention. So if you want one come on over and say hi sooner rather than later.

Thanks everyone for the interest

Craig
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Craig,

The demo looks great and I am going to get the set, but I was wondering if/when you are going to make these in silver dollars?

Thanks,
Big Jeff
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I just had a chance to see this coin set at the IBM-SAM convention in Louisville.

First of all, I want to say that I don't have the DVD, nor do I have the coin set, and, in fact, I have not seen all of the routines on the DVD. However, I did watch Craig perform the International Reverse Matrix routine a couple of times -- once when he did not know I was watching it, and another time when I had a chance to see it as the sole spectator.

The coin set is beautifully made. The thought that went into it and the capablilties of it are something quite wonderful. By combining a couple of well-known gimmicks into a single gaff, he has produced a coin gimmick that does a whale of a lot of work for you.

But there is not just the one gaff in the set. This is a fairly complex set of coins, each of which has its own particular purpose. I hate to be cagey describing this, but it's necessary in order not to tip too much.

The thing that impressed me the most, though, was the way that the coins are suitable for the International Reverse Matrix, which is the matrix-style routine with a kicker ending.

I have seen the original Matrix performed many times, including several performances by Al Schneider. This is the first version of Matrix since the original Al Schneider version that I feel really adds an extra dimension to the routine, and the best part is that the coins do the work for you.

Because of the way the coins are laid out during this routine, you may find that the half-dollar sized coins which you get with the set are better for use in this particular routhine than larger ones would be. I'm a dollar-sized coin user, myself, so I understand the reasons for using larger coins, but these play well in context.

This set is definitely a winner!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Any news if the set has been shipped from World Magic Shop?
Brother Dæmonicus
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Brother Dæmonicus
Nope - no news as yet; last ETA I had was that they were shipping "at the end of the month", i.e witin the next four days...can I really wait that long???!
Brother Dæmonicus is expecting you...
<BR>
<BR>www.daemonic-dreams.co.uk
Gochos
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gochos
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for everyone's interest in Mirage, there have been a huge amount of preorders in the last month. We were demonstrating the set all week at the IBM/SAM convention and the response was great. It was fun watching magician after magician being totally fooled as Craig demonstrated all the effects from the DVD. Everyone loved the effects that were possible with Mirage and as predicted we sold all the copies we took to the convention.

As soon as we get back to the UK all preorders will be sent out so the wait is almost over!

Gochos
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Get on the earliest flight home please! Cannot wait to get mine! Smile
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks to everyone that came and brought Mirage at the IBM convention and sorry to anyone that could not get one when we sold out. Everyone I met in Kentucky was brilliant and I cannot wait to see all the reviews coming in.

as ever, if anyone has any questions just let me know!

Craig
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
How many of these effects use a table versus in the hands?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Just a quick question. I just received my Mirage coin set and after the excitement, wonderment ,and joy wore off I wondered how am I going to recover the UK sales (vat) that I was charged. Anyone have any Idea?
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Sure.... Perform this at paying gigs and reap in the money...... (all said tongue in cheek)....Smile
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Why does the website say "pre-order" and then in big bold red letters it says, "now available"? which one is it? :O
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-08-14 22:31, lunatik wrote:
Why does the website say "pre-order" and then in big bold red letters it says, "now available"? which one is it? :O

It's available to take your money, but not to ship?
:rotf:
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Gochos
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gochos
Good point christopher. Just changed it. It is now available to order for immediate shipment.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Now that this is available, anyone else pick up the set?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Mirage Set by Craig Petty (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL