The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scents of smell by David Leon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hello all,
I just wanted to announce that I will be releasing one of my routines to the magic community of the world. Well, I was kind of pushed into doing it.
My Grandfather taught me this routine many, many years ago and I had developed it to what it is now. I love doing it, it gets lots of laughs. I hope you all can enjoy it as well.
It should be available in a couple of weeks at your favorite magic store. I am working on
Offering it from my web site as well. http://www.davidleonproductions.com

Here is a Youtube ad for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teT_K3qr7zY

You will be able to find ad copy on various dealer web sites soon. It will retail for only $99.
Thanks for your support
David Leon
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
First post and credits grandfather in first paragraph.
That is so awesome of you, David.

Best of luck with your release and welcome to the Café.

Nick Verna
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Thank you Nick!
My Grandfather (Leon M. Leon) got me started and taught me a lot about Magic. I credit him for giving me this disease (the magic bug)

Dave
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi David,

Good luck with the effect. It's been a long time coming and I'm glad the release date is almost here! I will be stocking it at both http://www.alakazam.co.uk and http://www.alakazam-usa.com

Regards

Peter
Gabor
View Profile
Veteran user
Pécel, Hungary
367 Posts

Profile of Gabor
David,

I enjoyed your performance. Very solid comedy mentalism and most of all it is believable. Well done! Thanks for sharing it.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright
magicmanager
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of magicmanager
David,

I have enjoyed this routine from the first day you showed it to me and especially, the great reactions from the audience as you work through it.

Your grandfather is definitely smiling down from above!!!!!! Go Leon!!!!

Best of luck with the new release!

Jim Rosenbaum
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

I had the pleasure of seeing this project blossom from start to finish. David sent us one of the first prototypes and I knew it would be a winner. The real value here is that David supplies everything you need to perform a solid commercial comedy routine for both stage, parlor and even the additional props for closeup. This gets my highest recommendation! It is a pleasure to offer this to our Hocus Pocus customers.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Wow, thank you for the nice comments on my routine. Thank you to Peter and Paul for your support and helping me along the way!
People will be smelling people all over world....that would be funny!

Dave Leon
daniel_lachman
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of daniel_lachman
This smells great Dave!

Daniel Lachman
Amyxdove
View Profile
Regular user
Andy Amyx
143 Posts

Profile of Amyxdove
I talked David into putting this out. He did not think it would be very good. So I told him if he does not put it out. I would like to. He said "Really" okay I will work on it. And now he has got a wonderful routine out there for everyone! So if you want something different and FUNNY check it out!

Andy Amyx
Andy Amyx

www.andyamyx.com
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
I hope this isn't considered a shamless plug for myself and my routine but what else am I suppose to do when a friend asks me to post something for him?

My Friend Keith Barry wanted me to post this for him about my new routine. I'm not sure what the last part says but I think he liked it!

"Scent of Smell is a hugely commercial routine with much potential for huge belly laughs - quite simply millteanach greannmhar."
Keith Barry

Thanks Keith for the good words and your support!

Product update:
I am getting the dvd instructions Professionally replicated now so when they come in I will be putting the kits together and they will be ready for shipping. I will be a little longer then expected but I didn't want to just burn the discs. It will be worth the little extra wait. Get your Pre-orders in at your favorite magic shop to make sure you get one. These will be in limited quantities.
Again a little special thanks to Paul at Hocus Pocus and Peter at Alakazam for your support here in Magic Café'
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
Hey David,

Is there anywhere I can get this in Canada?
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hello Magicsoup,
I am sure there will be someone in Canada selling it. Check with you favorite magic dealers. This routine will be sold through Murphy's Magic supplies but they are wholesale only. If you can find a dealer that buys from Murphy's then they can get it for you. If you do pick one up, I would love to hear how you do with it. Feel free to send me a personal message if you have any questions.

I believe there are dealers on the internet that will ship to Canada as well.

Dave
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
Thanks David,

I couldn't find it on Murphy's web site. It's good to know that they are distributing it. I can get anything they have. It's a lot cheaper for me to deal locally. Shipping and duty really add up.
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
I have great news! I just got my DVD intructions from the replicator. I will be putting together the kits this weekend and delivering to the distributor on Monday. Make sure you have your order in with your favorite dealer! We have pre-sold over a third of first order already.
For those that get this routine I would love to hear some feedback and other routine ideas you may have.
Thanks again for everyone's support
David Leon
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I watched the Youtube clip. Maybe if the clip showed the routine and the audience not being able to stop laughing, I'd see the humor. As it is, I just don't get it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hey there Christopher, this is good feedback, thank you. Of course the infomercial is kind of a teaser. I sent you the link to the complete routine.

I figured it would be good to post it here for everyone as well. it is about 10 minutes long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WMozaSq3e4

I have encluded all the props you see in the video as well as a close up size.
I have had many people enjoy the routine and it is real fun to perform.

I hope everyone enjoys this and I would like to hear about other ideas.
David Leon
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
WOW-what a funny rotuine. David, you're a marvelous performer.

I think the price without the props is too inexpensive when you get a routine like that.

WOW again!!

David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Thanks for the Great feedback Christopher. I am glad you liked it. I didn't want to price this out of reach for people but I didn't want everyone and their brother to be doing it either. But, I know it is very entertaining and the people who perform this will know where it came from and that is ok with me. As I said in the first post: this routine was taught to me by My Grandfather (Leon M. Leon) and it is an honor to cary on the Leon name in Magic.
Thank you again for your support and support of many others.
David Leon
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I appreciate creators that keep the price down so as many folks as possible can have access, but I think TT's should be $100, so don't go by me.

Scents Of Smell is under $100. That price should be just for a proven and verrrry funny rotuine.

But you get all this:

all the props you'll need; large custom made 6x9 cards with envelopes (suitable for stage, parlor and parties), rubber gloves, blindfold, tongs, tissues, breath stick, and instructional DVD with routine outline. All of which comes in a lockable aluminum case. And a custom made walk around size so you can do Scents of Smell in close up situations.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scents of smell by David Leon (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL