The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » MP3Tech Battery (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Mike...It doesn't come from WW. Radio shack has these parts.

Readers....

I got this email and I want to share it with you. It was sent by a Magic Café reader.. (I hope he doesn't mind sharing this, I left his name off of this quote)
Quote:
Sent this to WW and this is the response I got from Woodie.
Thought you might want to take a look at it.
Yes I made the attached file "picture link above" using your info.
I have two close buddies that have the MP3Tech also. And I emailed to them also.

The following response was from WW.
Quote:
This will work, but not for very long. Typical 9V batteries are designed for low drain devices. You are risking having your music fail suddenly during a show by using a system such as this. Again, it will work, but is risking your show worth it?

Below are my thoughts to this great response and I thank them both...

I agree with Woodie because it is basic logic. I made a duel 12v motorcycle battery pack for my balloons pump which now lasts 14 hours of constant use.

Logic dictates, a 9v battery does not last as long as a heavy duty motorcycle battery. My remote prov-viper lasts months with three 9v batteries (Instructions tell me to change it every performance to be safe) and my wiz-kote lasts longer with three 9v batteries. (Also Instructions tell me to change them often)

I've never pushed the batteries to their limits with MP3 tech. If you want to try it see how long they last, those results would be interesting. This is why I placed a third 9v battery to the group.

From this picture this is a simple unit connection. I have a local Motorcycle/Car battery store near me and I've considered getting a smaller rechargeable battery and using that in replace of the three 9v batteries.

To be on the completely safe side, this might be the better way to go which would save those on 9v alkaline batteries, and use a rechargeable batteries. (Consumer Report says it is the way to go with digital camera batteries.)
I already have the rechargeable power unit for my balloon pump (a decent $35 unit which shuts down when battery is fully charged. Got it from the battery store near me.)

I have an Anchor PA-6000 Battery operated speaker unit that WILL take an 18-24v external battery. (It's also AC) I took the speaker apart to look at the internal rechargeable batteries. Inside that are three smaller 3"x4"x1" rechargeable 7v batteries placed in series. Looking at the inside amplifier, I would say it has a greater drain then the MP3 Tech would ever have, so this information tells me I don't need very large external 9v gel-type battery. I could get away with smaller units in series or one 9v rechargeable gel battery.

The MP3 Tech most likely has a very smaller pre-amp would would drain more than my Pro-viper and Wiz-Kote (which are basically on/off units) but no where near the Anchor system. It is my guess that the NEW Fender 150 Passport PLUS doesn't have an external battery connection like its predecessor 150 Passport because of this 150 watt speaker system. Such a unit would drain a lot of battery power.

Just my thoughts. I know a little about electricity and electronics, and logic so use this information as you see fit.

If I go the external rechargeable battery rout for my MP3 Tech, I will update this postings.

Thanks for letting me know what WW said.
Dennis
Dennis Michael
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I made the battery set up for my MP3Tech that Dennis Michael posted.

I made it was 3 9V batts. as Dennis suggested.

I put a thick rubberband around the batteries
to hold them in place.

Well it works GREAT.

I play pre-show-music, music and recordings during show and after show music.

Of course I check all batteries with a battery checker before I leave the house.

Like Martha Stewart says . . It's a good thing.

Thanks again Dennis.

Nez
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
And the batteries last a long time.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » MP3Tech Battery (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL