The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Comedy Rope trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
shpf100
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of shpf100
With the Pro you get the rope, harness and a pair of boxers, and although the ad says you get a loud pair of boxers, the instructions I got says they are now providing plain boxers because people like to add their own anyway and it helps keep costs down.
Rod
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-07-09 14:17, Potty the Pirate wrote:
So you wear the harness underneath your shirt? Or the harness doesn't cover any part of your upper body? Now you've gotten me interested, Dynamike....

The harness goes around your bare waist. The rope and shorts are connected to the outside of the harness. Clothes go on next.

"REVIEW"

I am trying to get everyone back on track:

The cheapest pair is about $20.00. It does comes with everything except for a harness. One disadvantage is it must be set up at the site. The other disadvantage is it must be performed soon before the shorts and rope fall out of place because nothing is keeping them in place when walking around.

The most expensive pair comes with a harness. You will be able to do the set up before you leave home. It can be performed any where you want in your act because the harness is holding everything securely in place.

The briefs (not boxers) and the pink panties I think are made by a different company. I do not know why they made pink panties, unless a female is going to perform it. The boxers blend in better than the briefs to me.

No matter what model you purchase, you can always replace it with any pair of shorts.
QED
View Profile
New user
Alexandria, VA
74 Posts

Profile of QED
Thanks for the answers guys...
I'm surprised that for $20 you get the rope and panties... seems like a bargain even without the harness...
the harness seems easy enough to make - even some fairly elastic loops sewn onto your belt or a cheap back brace would probably work...
David Quidas
Alexandria, VA

I'm here to tell ya, and I don't mind tellin' ya, but I ain't sayin' nothin', if ya know what I'm sayin'...
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Can the harness be a elastic shotgun shell holder? I haven't done this in years, but I think it would work . . .
The Great Zambini
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of The Great Zambini
I have Professor Cheers. Bought it in Lou Tannen's in 1968. BIG THICK, Blue print boxer shorts. Stopped performing professionally in 1993. But now, I have started my come back tour. Would like to put this effect back in my show but can't find the set up directions. If someone would be kind enough to email me privately at: thegreatzambini@mac.com, I'd be grateful.
...Simply Amazing!
THE GREAT ZAMBINI
magicreviews
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magicreviews
I recently received the less expensive version from Madhatter Magic for only $15.00. It came with a pair of jockey shorts and the rope and instructions. I am guessing this is a knock-off made overseas. It is just a bunch of rope with tape and hot glue, and badly done. But you are paying for the secret. From there it should be reasonably easy to improve upon the set-up with a homemade harness.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Comedy Rope trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL