The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Boot magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
I don't know if I put this in thw right place, but I need to come up with a effect with a boot!

cowboy boot,workboot, or any type of boot!

any ideas?

Kyle!?!
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Card to boot, Zombie with a boot or any form of levitation (the weight of the boot would be an issue but with modifications to the boot/ a fake boot it could work), productions/vanished from a boot (take it off and pull all sorts of stuff out or put stuff into the boot then put it on) etc.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
A Mirror Box, Blammo Box or Duck Bucket.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Also, there are lots of things including marketed tricks with shoelaces (ring to, color changing...).
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You should of placed this thread under: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......=8&17816

There are ways it can be done in front of an audience as you are carrying only a newspaper.
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
What I'm looking to do is, to find a pair of boots on the stage and do somthing magical with them

kyle
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Must the boots be shown on all sides after the appearance?
Will you have to wear them after the appearance?
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
No I'm not going to wear them and no you don't haft to show all sides!

Kyle
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The Blammo Box and Mirror Box are really simple to use. If you want to do it by making gimmicked boots, this will have to be in "Secret Sessions".
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
Mike,
I don't think your link was right, I don't see what your showing me!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Put a new thread under "Secret Sessions." Do you know what that is? (forget about the link above)
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
I cant find it, do I have anough post to see it?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Look under "The Banquet Room" section at the bottom of the main page. You will see "Secret Sessions". All you need is 50 to enter. That is where we discuss our secrets.
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
Thanks mike, I postedsomthing down there so I'll see if anyone has any ideas!?!

Kyle!????!.....
sier5
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of sier5
Most products for rabbits will fit a boot.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I guess my main question would be that if you are using a boot or finding one on stage, then you really need to develop a reason for you to be using it for magic. In other words you need to tell the audience in some sort of way why you are using it and give them a sense of reason. A boot is such a common object but also bizarre to be seen at a magic act or routine. In this way you need to establish your character, a theme and even a plot or storyline to tell the audience what it is you are doing or trying to convey with the boot.

In other words, if I just walk on stage and come across the boot and start doing magic with it, I think I am confusing the audience way too much. they may not understand it at all. However if before the curtains open up the audience hears someone going.. "Kyle showtime in 1 minute sir.. 1 minute... (then me going) um has anyone seen my boot.. I need my boot. arghhhh" Then the music starts and curtains open and I stagger on stage with just one boot on. I discover the other boot on the stage.

Now in this fashion I am giving the audience a bit more. I am making it all make sense to them and developing a simple plot for which the magic can tie directly into.

Make sense?

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Boot magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL