The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Visual Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
One example of where I imagine it could be fit in is perhaps in a more 'exotic' mental act (the old kind with turban etc). Those old shamans etc could probably be believable with a mix of fakir and mentalism. But as Kuffs points out - surely many think of "body control" as a mental feat.

/Matias
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Well, I can't give out just yet how I plan to use it but it works for me.

Now is the nail into the nose the same as the nail into the head??? I was thinking the nail was hammered INTO the head. Is it the same thing Ian was talking about hammering it up your nostril?

Jonathan Grant
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I will say also about visual mentalism that, no-fail, the biggest reactions and the things people remember the most are the visual things or the things that happen inside a spectators pocket, hands, etc. Those things have the biggest reactions.

Jonathan Grant
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Yes, Jonathan the nail in the nostril is the same idea...but from a spectator point of wiew, it is more impressive to thinks that the nail ( at least in publicity ) that you are hammering a nail into your head...

So that's why some performers call it " the human block head "

And also it helps to convince them that this stunt is not for everyone to try at home...

Most think you have prepared your body for doing it in some way...this way you eliminate all those guys who want to try at home and realise that is not so difficult...

Humbly...

kuffs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Visual Mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL