The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Lucy Gets Hypnotized - Hypnotist Pat Collins - Vintage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheTrance-Master
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of TheTrance-Master
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
Wow! GREAT find. I had no idea that hypnosis was included in Lucy. Thank you!

Marc
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Just goes to show nothing is new
TheTrance-Master
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Marc:
I was a bit surprised to stumble across this on YouTube. I guess I shouldn't be, almost everything is on there. I have this episode on DVD, funny story, I was walking past a rack of really cheap dvds entering a supermarket, Late night after one of my own shows, and out of the corner of my eye, subconsciously viewing, one line that jumped out at me from the DVD was "Lucy meets Pat Collins." For that and included other episodes I think I paid in an exorbitant fee of $3.00. Also, I've seen the same DVD on sale in Cracker Barrel Restaurants around the U.S. for a whopping $6.00. It was fun to watch Pat work. From what I've heard she owned a nightclub in L.A. where she performed nightly. A friend who knew her told me she was a wonderful person. Ormond McGill thought highly of her as well, her induction is in his stageshow encyclopedia.
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
I just bought my own copy online. Smile

Marc
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Isn't that the one where Mr. Mooney does a cartwheel? If so, I remember seeing this from my early childhood.

I'd love to see the bits in the Dick Van Dyke show where a hypnotist made Dick act as if he's drunk every time a certain word was said.

I also recall the show "Greatest American Hero" where the FBI man was hypnotised to do something outrageous (can't remember what) every time he heard the word scenario, which was his favorite word to use.

Anybody have any leads on these particular episodes?
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
It is the one where he does the cartwheel, yes.

Here are the particulars.

TV Series:"The Lucy Show" (1962)
Original Air Date:28 November 1966 (Season 5, Episode 11)

Marc
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
I too, would be interested in the particulars of the Dick Van Dyke show, and Greatest American Hero episodes that featured hypnosis.

Marc
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
TheTrance-Master
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0559779/plotsummary
"The Dick Van Dyke Show"
My Husband Is Not a Drunk (1962)
Rob and Laura lure a hunky hypnotist pal (Charles Aidman) over to dinner as single bait for the ever-desperate Sally, along with Buddy and the Halpers. Millie begs him to mesmerize her, and he ends up putting everyone in the living room under. Buddy pretends to be hypnotized into instantly yo-yoing from falling-down drunk to stone sober and back whenever bells ring. But Rob, watching intently from the kitchen, really is hypnotized into a blotto Jeckyl/Hyde act - unbeknown to anyone, so the Svengali doesn't take the rubber-legged comedy writer's spell off.
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
Thanks TM
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I love Pat Collins. I saw her at her nightclub when I was a kid. She is a great singer and it's a shame she died so young. I think she was in her sixties.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I have several full-length performances of Pat Collins from her Celebrity Club in Hollywood. Very hip & cool. They are among some of my favorites in my private collection.
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Didn't she have a reoccuring show on Showtime back in the early Eighties?
I think her show was called "The Hip Hypnotist"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Lucy Gets Hypnotized - Hypnotist Pat Collins - Vintage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL