The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Half-dyed half-brains (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I've been performing half-dyed silk for some while now and I'm really starting to enjoy it.

This has happened to me twice and it really confuses me:

You get to the end and even though you've shown a yellow hanky, a red hanky and even a red hanky and a yellow hanky at the same time you get to when you show the HD silk someone goes "Oh, I see that's how it works.." as if the half-dyed silk is the actual key to the effect and what they have been seeing all along.

What?!? Binking eejits.

Ok once an 8 year old boy said it. Fair enough. The other time a 25 year old woman.

I really couldn't be bothered explaining it to them (a crowd of 5 year olds get it...why can't they?) so I just say "Yes, that is how I do it" and hope that their mind returns to it in the future and they suddenly think 'hang on a tick'

It's not really a problem but it would be nice to have a fun (and not too scary reply) and I'd also be interested if anyone else has come across this.

george
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
That may because you are ending with the half red/ half yellow silk instead of finishing with a red silk with yellow stripes or polka-dots. Didn't you get the memo?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
This only happen to me then?
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Apparently so. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Half-dyed half-brains (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL