The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Surfaced (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
This is a new DVD from Dan & Dave that's being released in a few days.
Anyone hear anything about it?
It looks very interesting. Make sure you watch the trailer all the way to the end!! You'll see why.

http://dananddave.com/surfaced.html

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Whoa.

That last moment is truly baffling. (for me at least)
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
That was a cool last effect. Look's good
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
I already plan to pick this up the moment its up for grabs. that's what I get for being a "Moves junky" haha
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
I met Chad Nelson a few weeks ago at the Golden Gate Gathering Conference near San Francisco (great event by the way...you card/coin guys should not miss this event next year). Chad showed me that one handed top change and let me tell you, it looks as pretty live as it does on the video trailer. Awesome stuff! Nice work Chad!
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
I have seen this done in person as well. Cointwo was the best coin magic dvd of the year, and Surfaced will be the best card magic dvd of the year!

Chad has really made an evolutionary step in how to approach card magic.

10/10 !

Great Job Chad!
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Oh I'm defiantly picking this up as soon as it hits the shelves. It looks unbelievable. I just can't believe I didn't hear anything about it before now.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
This has been talked to death on their web site for ages. I'm glad it's finally being released. I'll be buying it.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-06-27 23:42, Dan McLean wrote:
This has been talked to death on their web site for ages. I'm glad it's finally being released. I'll be buying it.

That's what I get for not visiting Dan & Daves site I guess. Smile
Speaking of which, I see the site is down right now. Its supposed to be undergoing some kind of update and is scheduled to be back on-line July 1st. The same day Surfaced is released.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
shek
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
244 Posts

Profile of shek
This is an amazing new utility move, and from what I have heard, as revolutionary as they come. Will be picking this up the moment it is released Smile
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
What is this? Some kind of one handed pass?

It says its a color change, a control and a vanish.
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
New cards called smoke and mirrors are rumored to be released the same day. Just throwing that out there for all the collectors Smile Also, I'm guessing the name says it all. Its a clip and a shift. Its the nuances/effects I'm interested in.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

I had no idea what was happening when I first saw this done live. I have never been so badly fooled by a card magic move in my life!

I will be buying this dvd on July 1st. for sure!
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Same here Strollingmagician!

I was fried for hours watching this move, it made me feel like a layman again!

Ben
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
For the people who have seen it, when they say its a control is it like a pass? Put the card in the middle and it goes to the top? If it is it sure looks like something revolutionary.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Yes, this is the most revolutionary card magic move to come out in the past decade! This is history in the making! This is better than a pass/shift because it is a pass/shift on steroids!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I thought this was a way to get the bottom card to the top. I didn't think it was a pass.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

The "clip shift" has many uses from what I saw in person.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
The move has become known as "Clipshift" and only a select few magicians know of it so far... it is currently unpublished, but in a day or two it will of course be available. Those who know it already aren't very happy about that.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
That's pretty nuts, WOW! Sooo visual...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Surfaced (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL