The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Surfaced (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
It pays to be a night-owl huh?? lol
Now that my order is placed izz bedtime zzzzzzzzz
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1230 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
They tend to be pretty fast on their shipping. Many times the day after the purchase.
But I'm thinking that they may be a bit tuckered right now. Looks like they settled for just getting the DVD out. That means there were problems launching the website.
So they probably called it a night and may not get to the job of shipping until later tomorrow if not later.
Frankly I'm just happy they managed to get the DVD available for purchase.
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Ordered my copy. Now waiting for the cards!
shek
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
244 Posts

Profile of shek
Hmmm...personally, I would have loved to get this ASAP, but I'm going to be holding off until the cards are released so I can save on shipping.

Good ol' stingy me Smile
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Quote:
On 2008-07-02 02:40, shek wrote:
Hmmm...personally, I would have loved to get this ASAP, but I'm going to be holding off until the cards are released so I can save on shipping.

Cards? What am I missing? Two of ya have said it now...
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-07-01 23:46, Dan McLean wrote:
Forgot about that. Man, they've got their hands full.

Ya Think?

I just ordered mine as well. I was hoping to pick up a few decks of cards to go with it, But I'll pick some up later. By the way, Has anyone seen what these are going to look like yet? So far its been a big secret.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
Quote:
On 2008-07-02 09:07, Tim Jahn wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-01 23:46, Dan McLean wrote:
Forgot about that. Man, they've got their hands full.

Ya Think?

I just ordered mine as well. I was hoping to pick up a few decks of cards to go with it, But I'll pick some up later. By the way, Has anyone seen what these are going to look like yet? So far its been a big secret.

Tim

The ace of spades design is on the Theory11 website. The overall design hasnt been released, but to give you an idea of what they may look like, this is Si Scott's website (the guy who designed them): http://www.siscottstudio.com/

Amazing stuff.....
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
That's a trippy looking ace of spades! Can't wait to see the whole deck...
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Yeah I saw the ace on the Theory 11 website, I just wondered if anyone had seen the back design or any thing like that. I guess no one has though.

Verifythisnow, Thanks for the link to Si Scott's website. This guy is great! I really liked 'Tank Theory'.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
This will be the best card magic dvd of the year! We are so lucky that Chad is willing to give up his baby to us!!!!!

Thanks Chad!
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1230 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
It was a smart move on Chad's part. If you look at Youtube you'll see that the Clip Shift has been sussed by more than a few people, making it one of the best known underground moves around. Pressure is usually placed on those posting the move to remove it but not all do.
This was all inevitable when the Buck twins published Trilogy, which showed the move in the Queens routine but gave no explanation. Some Trilogy buyers were a little upset, sat down and figured it out.
The fear was the the DVD might spawn "tutorials" on Youtube. I'm guessing Chad rightly realized he was risking the tutorials if he didn't publish the move. Anyone who figured out the Clip Shift could have published a how-to and be able to say they haven't copied Chad's method since Chad never revealed it.
Now with the DVD's debut, that excuse won't fly and Chad will get the rewards and recognition he deserves. Everyone wins here.
And to those who are afraid that the move will be as common as the double lift, I kinda doubt it. From what I've seen, it isn't exactly self working.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

I intuitively sense that Chad will be getting the magicwoods award for best dvd of 2008!
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
OK does anyone have this DVD yet? Can you tell me how hard it is to learn the Clip Shift move? I love the effect and would like to learn it but if it is as hard as Lee Asher's Diving Board Double then forget it. I am pretty good with slights but there is a point were it just is not worth it. When you could master 5 other slights in the same time then I feel you have reached that point. So I would love to hear from any of you that have either already received and viewed your DVD or learned it from Chad. Thanks, John
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Quote:
On 2008-07-03 11:18, Thales wrote:
OK does anyone have this DVD yet?

Considering it was released 12am/1am yesterday I doubt it...
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Well maybe one of the other members lives next door to Chad and was able to just walk over there yesterday and pick up his order in person. And many times "special" people, like big time magician and DVD reviews, get advanced copies mailed to them. Although I am not one of them...
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
So, here's the little that I know-

First, Chad's a super cool, and super nice, guy. He does the move so well- the online video doesn't do it justice.

It can be used as a color change, a vanish, or a full out shift. There MAY be other applications- I don't know.

As far as being sorta-self working- it's pretty darn hard. Now, Chad laughed at me when I was trying it, and told me I don't have the technique down, so maybe it's a LITTLE easier then I think. But it's STILL a hard move. Worth it though.

I'll be picking up a copy pretty soon.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Quote:
On 2008-07-03 13:17, Thales wrote:
Well maybe one of the other members lives next door to Chad and was able to just walk over there yesterday and pick up his order in person. And many times "special" people, like big time magician and DVD reviews, get advanced copies mailed to them. Although I am not one of them...

Ya know...I forgot about those 'special' people..damn them!! LOL
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Has anyone got their surfaced dvd yet?

thanks.
The Whisperer
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of The Whisperer
Has anyone received an email to confirm that your 'Surfaced' DVD has been shipped (not the PayPal receipt)?
Sh3ldon
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1230 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
No. I've read the same question on other boards. Which may mean no one will or they haven't mailed them yet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Surfaced (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL