The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Surfaced (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
Amiable
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Amiable
This left-jog, I find, depends very much on the condition of the cards. Try not to apply fanning powder to the deck. A new, crisp deck helps in giving less left-jog instances.

Currently I can do it swift and soundless, but the alignment is not always perfect. I use it for the dribble control, so this doesn't matter greatly. (And I think the dribble control is the only "truly great" use of the shift)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27016 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Been working with an omni deck and I just can't get the ((%$)(*_& card out of the way and around. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
822 Posts

Profile of nique
Yup, the dribble control done with about half the deck is pretty alright for me. Guess I'll just have to be happy with that and work my way up from there.

Ok... I need to stop. Pinky and index are screaming at me to give them a break. Can't recall the last time a move gave me this kind of "sleight pain". Told myself not to practice today and let the hand recover - but it's so terribly addictive.
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
..I use it also only for the dripple control....with half of the deck its really more easy to do!!!

But still.....is the control so invisible?Im showing the card on the bottom of the upper half deck and so all attention is on this packet...Ive to do the move under very hard circumstances....!

Noone else this problem or thinking?

(sorry for my english)
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
822 Posts

Profile of nique
I show the card, relax back, look them in the eye and ask them not to forget it. The clip and shift is done at that point, and the replacement is done at about the same time as the dribble.
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
Yeah, same as nique, the dribble control can easily be invisible from the front.

But just wondering... does anyone have a silent, fast, invisible 26 shift?
My clipshift is now second nature, but really can't get the one-handed pass down...
when I try to replace the top packet underneath the bottom packet my thumb most of the time hits that bottom packet (I mean the packet which should finish on top)...

I have the feeling my hand is to small to get that move... does someone had the same problem? How can we fix it?

Hope a well hearted master 26 shifter can help Smile
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
To all of you having problems I stopped practicing this for about 3 months.... now its perfect. I think time away allowed me to think less and relax more and it made all the difference
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
822 Posts

Profile of nique
Finally got this thing down! There's this little bob of a callous developing on the knuckle of the index finger... a battle scar! Smile Similar experience to Joshua; after stopping for about 2 weeks (my pinky and index were hurting too much to continue), I could suddenly do the move better than I ever could before.

And as I read somewhere else here, the touch now is much much lighter and it seems to work better this way. Ironically when first learning it I was trying to crush the deck, holding it so that the cards won't explode in my hands. But now the hands have discovered once you know it, a light touch is actually the key. A little counter intuitive, but it's true.

Showed it to my fiancee and she's amazed at the progress. When I first showed it to her months ago, here's the funny script:

"Hey, check this out..." (does the move)

"Erm... ok. What's that?"

"It's this thing called the Clipshift. Tough move, but I think it's worth learning..."

"OH! Then it's ok."

""Huh? It's ok? What do you mean?"

"Click Shift right? That explains the noise..."

:( "I said... CLIP. C-L-I-P."

"Erm... then I think you need more work."
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Clip Shift is one of my favourite move in card magic if I learn only this move from the dvd its still worth the price!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Surfaced (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL