The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Capital Magic Festival (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicbyc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magicbyc
Hello everyone,

The Capital Magic Festival takes place over 2 weekends in Ottawa, Ontario Aug 15- 17th and 22-24th. We have booked some amazing talent this year including Harry Anderson, Jeff McBride, The Pendragons, Kreskin, David Merry, Eric Buss, Kristi Taguchi, James Biss, Knotty Bits, James Johnson and many others.

Aside from 6 stages of magic we are also thrilled to be able to offer Jeff McBride's "Secret Sessions" lecture as well as Jonathan Pendragon's "Signature Magic" lecture and James Biss' mentalism lecture. All this with out going to Vegas!

For more information you can email info@majinx.com
or visit the website @ http://www.capitalmagicfestival.com

Hope to see you there!
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2248 Posts

Profile of todsky
I'll be there the first weekend.

Todd
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
magicbyc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magicbyc
Great! Who else is coming? Sign up for the lectures is picking up. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Probably will be there hanging with the gang from HOM.

A number of big names are coming to town, I don't intend to miss them.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Finally something's happening in Ottawa that I can go to, whooo-hoooo!!!
That's awesome...
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
AWESOME! I'll be there.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
magicbyc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magicbyc
There are still spaces available for the amazing lecturers we have at the festival this year. We so rarely have an opportunity to attend a Jeff McBride or Jonathan Pendragon lecture and both of these seasoned performers are looking forward to sharing their magical wisdom with you.

The lecture fees will get you into all shows being presented my the Capital Magic festival on the day of the lecture. That means you can partake in the lecture and then see these guys perform! It is a great opportunity, don't miss out!
Mike Segal
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
126 Posts

Profile of Mike Segal
I'll be there again!
Really looking forward to it.
Hope to see and meet many of you.
Cheers,
Mike
http://www.Sorcerers-Safari.com
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I just noticed there's an ad in Magic magazine for the event, very cool!
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Looks like the schedule is now up on the website. But where's Kreskin? And will Harry Anderson really only be there for the one day?
magicbyc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magicbyc
Kreskin in on August 20th at 8 p.m. He did not want to be billed as part of the Capital Magic Festival as he did not want people to feel that what he doing was an illusion or trickery in any way. So he is on stage in between the two official festival weekends.
Harry Anderson is performing for our opening ceremonies Aug 15th only. We are very excited to have him on board and he will be joined on stage by some of the other magicians.

I know many of you are thinking of attending the lectures and the organizers want you to preregister for the event. In order to guarantee a spot you must register and send payment before July 28th so please contact me if you are planning to attend. I really look forward to meeting you and to sharing in some great magic!
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Kreskin too?! Very cool, I cannot wait for all this to happen!!
magicbyc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magicbyc
Hello everyone,

We are getting great response for the McBride workshop , and I would like to get some feedback from you. Jonathan and Charlotte Pendergaon will be arriving early for the festival to do some promo spots for us and to visit with Harry Anderson. For those interested or already registered for the McBride workshop, would you be interested in attending Jonathan's lecture if he were to offer it on the first weekend? Either the Friday, Saturday or Sunday?
Please let me know what you think.

Here are the descriptions of the lectures being offered.

Signature Magic Aug 23
by The Maestro of Magic, Jonathan Pendragon

Most magicians have mastered a good solid magic routine. Jonathan Pendragon will discuss how to bring "uniqueness" to a your performance. Whether your performance is stage magic or illusions, you will benefit from using the techniques Jonathan teaches in this 2 hour lecture. Learn special stage techniques taught to him as a student of the University of California Irvine, Theatre School. Known by his past students as the maestro of magic, he blends his stage and film experience to make this one of the best lectures in magic today.

James Biss Aug 23

Magicians and Mentalists will be astonished by this all new lecture by the world wide best selling book, MESSING WITH MINDS and the soon to be released work, MIND BLOWING! James Biss will show you exactly how to thrill your audiences with simple props and methods by creating the illusion that THEY possess extra special abilities. Prepare to get Extremely Mental with James Biss!

Jeff McBride "Secret Session" workshop Aug 16 & 17th

A rare opportunity for Magicians of all levels of experience. Beginners, intermediate and advanced magic enthusiasts!

Would you like to …

… spend 4 inspiring hours studying magic with one of the most influential magicians of the 20th century (MAGIC Magazine)?

Learn new tools and techniques to help you create your own original presentations? Increase your effectiveness and self-awareness as a performer?

Experience new techniques for planning, delivering and evaluating your own magic performances?

This session focuses on close-up, platform and stage magic. You will be taught practical magic that you will use. This is not a lecture but much, much more.

Sessions are specially tailored to the students attending.

While not all of the below can be covered in a single session, possible subjects covered may include:

* Routining Your Show: The Seven Steps of Show Flow
* How to put an effective show together
* Professional advice on Business and Marketing
* McBride’s favorite close- up and stage magic secrets
* "A Goal is a Dream with a Deadline"...Your Goals and How to Achieve Them...
* Getting the Attention You Deserve out of the magic you already perform!
* Growing in Magic...taking your magic to the next level
* Creativity Exercises and Brainstorming Techniques
* How to develop your charater onstage and off....: Finding out Who You Really Are
* Play Big and Pack Small: Maximizing Your Impact
* Theater Arts: Props, Blocking, Movement and Music
* Real Questions/Real Answers

The Master Class has proven to be an effective and exciting way to learn and gain important insights into your own magical work – and the Secret Session Workshop provides you with the Master Class experience in miniature, without the expense of traveling all the way to Las Vegas.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Dear Majinx.

In addition to Jeff's Saturday class (August 16th), I would defintely attend Jonathan Pendragon's workshop if you can move its currently scheduled date and offer it either late Friday afternoon, or on Saturday, following Jeff's workshop -- but before Jeff's evening show.

The reason for my limited suggested time slots has to do with my plan to take the train into Ottawa on Friday morning, and my need to return by train to Montreal on Sunday morning for an evening gig.

I beleive that this would be an incredibly valuable workshop/lecture combo for both myself and many other fellow Café members that seek to develop themselves professionally and take their show and stage persona to a new level.

Hope you can make this happen. Smile

Thanks for your extra efforts.

Please keep us posted.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2248 Posts

Profile of todsky
I second Jonathan's suggestion about the times for the Pendragon workshop.

Todd
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
magicbyc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magicbyc
Hello everyone,

Well it has taken some string pulling but I have managed to get Jonathan Pendragon's lecture switched from Aug 23rd to Aug 16th. Jeff McBride's lecture will run from 10:30 -2:30 and Jonathan will run 3:30- 5:30.
Please, if you can attend the lecture send me an email to confirm your spot.

send to info@majinx.com

Also there are still spaces left for Jeff McBrides lecture on Sunday. Rather than cancel and disappoint the people who have registered that day, we have extended the deadline. This is such a great opportunity to spend some time with one of magics greatest performers! Please if you can make it let me know a.s.a.p.

I am really looking forward to this event and hope to see many of you there!

Cynthia
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I just wanted to add a "Me Too!" post. I and my partner Sylver will be there the second weekend. We are really excited about it!
We'll probably spend most of our time hanging out at the Pizza Pizza stage, so please...Come by and say Hi!
Gwyd
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Kline
Packing for the trip to Ottawa today ! Can't wait to see all of you again !
We are going to have a GREAT weekend !
What times am I on ? Just kidding !
See you soon !
Steven
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
hom
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of hom
Hey !
Tha H.O.M. Magic shop will be at Capital Magic Fest 2008. Come and see us !!
We will also be streaming live on our new website from the festival and from the shop !

http://www.deceptionsmagic.com
http://www.hommagic.com
magicbyc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magicbyc
The stages are set the performers will be arriving shortly, hope too see many of you there!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Capital Magic Festival (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL